Author Topic: Logging in on Two Computers  (Read 7576 times)

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
Logging in on Two Computers
« on: August 05, 2009, 13:22:29 »
Hi:

I'm a Full Member and access the website from a home computer and an office computer (both using Win XP and IE 7, cookies are allowed.)

The Home computer recognizes me every time I go to the site. Even if I close the Browser or re-start the computer, the site still knows me and I do not have to log in.

When using the office computer, the site does not regognize me even if I check Stay Logged in Forever. I must log in just about every time I access the site even if I do not restart the computer.

How can I avoid having to log in when using the office computer?

Thanks,

Richard M, NYC
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Logging in on Two Computers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 15:15:29 »
Richard,

I use the site from multiple computers and never have to log in from any of them. Many companies however use modified installations of programs (such as Internet explorer) that delete cookies and browsing history after closing the application, for security reasons.

E.g. in Tools / Internet Options / Advanced there is a setting called "Empty Temporary Internet Folder when Browser is Closed". In certain company installations that may be switched on and not controllable by the user.

The short answer is that you'll just have to log in again.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 16:04:17 »
When using IE, my computer at work logs me out automatically -- (while my home computer stays logged in)... However, if I run Firefox at work its keeps me logged on continuously. I like Firefox better anyway.
James
63 230SL

Via Manci

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 18:58:43 »
While on the subject of computers, is it possible to have the program that we all go to to read the postings list the postings with the last posting on the top so it is easier to review the site without scrolling down to see the latest one?  Long sentence!!

Mike ???

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 19:23:39 »
Yes, you can view the last posting on top of the thread.
Go to "Profile" and in the left window you'll see: "Modify Profile". Underneath is "Look and layout preferences". Select what you like!
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:26:59 »
...and there select "Most recent posts at the top..."

If you then use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top right of the screen you have a very quick way of finding all new posts and reading them quickly from the top of the screen down!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Via Manci

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 19:31:28 »
Great!