Author Topic: how to post pictures  (Read 7230 times)

Jim Donati

how to post pictures
« on: July 29, 2009, 03:52:42 »
I have not been able to upload the pictures I wanted to include in a forum message.  

I click on the "insert image icon" but I only get the following ......   ....  (img)(/img.)..... placed into the message.  

I was execting a way to point to the image I wanted to upload, but that did not happen.  I also tried to drag and drop the image file into the text box, but that too did not seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:55:39 by Donati »

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
Re: how to post pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:12:30 »
The "insert image" icon is for linking to photos which already exist on the web somewhere (i.e. which have an existing URL).

In your case, you need to upload the photos as attachments to your message post. This can be done via the Additional Options... link located immediately below the text window when you create a new post.
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:13:20 »
Hi Jim. What you want to do is: after hitting the reply button, you will get the reply screen. On the lower left is Additional Options. Click this and you will see a browsable box for the picture file. Find it in your files, click it and hit reply when you are ready to send the message. Using the "more attachments" button, you can add up to 4 pics. They need to be 256K or less...Hope this helps.
James
63 230SL

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 04:14:47 »
Sorry Waqas! Ya beat me to the punch! "Welcome home"  :)
James
63 230SL