Author Topic: early glove box lock  (Read 2861 times)

Bob G

early glove box lock
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:10:54 »
I am facing a dilemma. I had ordered new locks for my 1968 280SL with new  keys. all the keys work wit the exception of the glove box door which was manufactured by YAMOs part # A 110 689 00. I missed out on a band new one several years ago and know regret it.

I found an early glove box lock for a 280SL used in good working order ,but no manufacture identification. the keys are single sided made by Taylor . "I am not sure these are original key blanks for this lock. On the side their appears the number 900. I do not know if this is any clue of importance. The locking back finger is grey medal not chrome not sure this is correct or a later  modification.

I would like to fine an early YAMOS glove box lock and have it  key coded to my original three  keys instead of having an extra key for  thesole purpose of opening the glove box .

does anyone know of any good Mercedes-Benz lock smiths for early example's like mine that could help me out or my have connections with a new off the shelf YAMOS lock for my glove compartment.

Sincerely
Bob Geco