Author Topic: Full Member now available/visible as a status on the Forums  (Read 8968 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
As some of the more astute observers of this forum may have noticed, you can now identify Full Members... they'll have that tag under their member name in any posts they make (except for Board Members, Administrators and Moderators... they may have that as an identification instead, but those people are Full Members anyway!)

This "Full Member" group is automatically added as you become a Full Member (and automatically removed when you do not renew). It is not dependant on, nor does it influence the group that you have achieved on the basis of your posts.

The good thing is though, that we can now restrict certain features to full members only (e.g. posting new items in the For Sale forum), and that we can create a section of the forum visible and accessible only to Full Members.

Should you have ideas on how to use this feature, please post them here!

Peter
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 15:30:37 by vanesp »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: Full Member now available/visible as a status on the Forums
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 16:03:06 »
Hi Peter. How hard would it be to edit that to "full member" without the plural s...?  Or does it mean me and my car?  :D
James
63 230SL

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 18:29:39 »
Done.
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Andres G

• Silver
  • USA, FL, Miami
    • Toyota Adventure Team
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 20:24:03 »
Peter,

I was trying to join as a full member today and realized that I was unable to visualize anything inside the two drop-down boxes for country and state. I'm not sure if this would be a browser problem or something of a different nature.

Is there another way to join?

Thanks,
Andres G

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 20:33:06 »
Andres,

I made some changes over the last few days to the website which I did not test sufficiently with Internet Explorer (my mistake). I fixed a problem today at my lunch time, your morning... please try again but make sure you REFRESH the browser window when you are on the Profile page. Then first click on the country list, and they should (magically) appear! Let me know if it worked!

Peter
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 20:41:57 by vanesp »

Andres G

• Silver
  • USA, FL, Miami
    • Toyota Adventure Team
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 14:05:19 »
Peter, I'm affraid the drop down boxes still remain small and with no content visible. I hit F5 a few times but nothing changed...

Andres

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 14:35:18 »
Andres,

contacting you directly via mail!

Peter