Author Topic: Battery Brain  (Read 3320 times)

Martijn

• Regular
  • Netherlands, Utrecht, Mijdrecht
Battery Brain
« on: May 04, 2009, 21:06:05 »
I have thought of installing a Battery Brain, see www.batterybrain.com. It monitors your battery. When it detects power falling below the level required to start
your engine, it automatically isolates the battery from the electrical system.
There is a model with a wireless remote control. You could disconnect the power with this remote when you store the car for a longer period, but also when you park it somewhere. Instead of mounting the system on top of the battery as shown on the pictures, you could hide the box in a less visible place.

Of course there are better anti-theft systems, but the feature to disconnect the power appeals to me. Has anybody experience with the Battery Brain?

Martijn
Martijn

1967 250 SL - 4-speed manual - dark blue 332

awolff280sl

• Gold
  • USA, FL, Sarasota
Re: Battery Brain
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 21:50:45 »
I installed asimilar device, Priority Start: http://www.prioritystart.com/index.html

I have tested it from time to time to make sure that it's still doing what it's supposed to, it has yet to be actually needed, and it's been in there over a year. Still, gives me reassurance.
Andy   Sarasota, FL
'69 280SL 4speed
'06 Mitsubishi Evo

Jonny B

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, San Marcos
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 23:11:37 »
I got a similar system from Griots Garage. It just keeps the battery topped up. I have been using it for the past six years, and have been very pleased. So far, the car has just cranked right up in the spring when I have been ready to get it back on the road.
Jonny B
1967 250 SL Auto, DB 568
1970 280 SL Auto, DB 904
1966 Morris Mini Minor

Martijn

• Regular
  • Netherlands, Utrecht, Mijdrecht
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 18:12:44 »
Thanks Andy and Jonny. I think such a system is a simple way to prevent a dead battery.

Martijn
Martijn

1967 250 SL - 4-speed manual - dark blue 332