Author Topic: Pagoda sighting  (Read 2516 times)

Bob G

Pagoda sighting
« on: April 12, 2009, 21:19:49 »
Good Easter Sunday to all:

Saturday on my way down Pacific coast hwy to pick up a book from Barnes &  Nobel I caught several lanes in front of me a 1970 280SL roadster. Well you never see these SLs in Long Beach, California. So I may a couple of Steve Mc Queen  lane maneuvers that could of put me in the slammer to catch up with the driver ( Steve).

We both finally pulled over and I introduced my self and our group website to Steve the owner. the  car was light cream with original black MB TeX and carpeting. Very presentable. I had him open the hood briefly and he had the original engine and fire wall diamond pattern it looks like a very good restorable car paint my have been done recently. I gave him my phone number and hopefully I will hear  from him again. His words timeless and bullet proff ring true. It was nice to to see another Pagoda again.

On a second note at Barnes & Noble the April issue of Classic Sports Cars has another article on the 230SL. car is on cover.
The article is more about stuff we all now and Martin Buckley's loaned 230SL from the classic center to meet legendary designer Paul Bracq good picture of both gentlemen on page 76 with the 230SL roaster. the article is a fast read only the pictures do it Justice to wanting a copy. Some of you may want to look for this issue and skim through the article too see if it intrest you.
Paul Bracq is 75 years young and still working in his office painting , posters for exhibitions , interpretations  of cars like Rolls Royce and a Mercedes 600 pickup. He works 8 hours a day. my hat is off to you Mr. Bacq!

Bob Geco

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 21:23:09 by Bob G »