Author Topic: Heater Installation Questions  (Read 2979 times)

n/a

Heater Installation Questions
« on: December 15, 2003, 17:18:04 »

I know this is a long shot but I removed my complete heating system to repace the heater motor 5 years ago and I am finally putting it all back together. I am at the last piece which is the heater control box. For the life of me I can not get it to slide in to place to mount it to the metal heater cage.

Has anyone else had the wonderfull pleasure of attempting to put the heating system back together? Tips and comments appreciated!

Now I know why hookers get paid the money they do to lay on their backs all day. I also feel sorry for the guy on the 113 assembly line that was tasked with this function.... he must of showed up for work late too many times to get that position!

Christian

66 230 SL
Black 040/RedInterior 122
113 042 12 014 243

George Davis

Re: Heater Installation Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 19:28:46 »
Christian,

it wiggles in sideways from the passenger footwell.  Not easily, but it'll go eventually.  Start with it in approximately the final installed orientation, and then you just have to fuss and twist and fiddle until the right position(s) are found for it to slip in.  I'll bet after the first couple hundred, the guy on the assembly line could do in less than 10 minutes.

George Davis
'69 280 SL Euro manual

pkiefert

Re: Heater Installation Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 18:11:06 »
From my experience, I would say the assembly line started with the heater box and built the rest of the car around it!