Author Topic: How successul are we?  (Read 7172 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
How successul are we?
« on: April 01, 2009, 12:35:41 »
Some of you may have noticed certain changes in the site. Although we have a pretty active membership, and many pagoda owners find us eventually, I'm still convinced we miss traffic. Part of the reason is that we do not get high up on the Google search list, and also, we have many people who read our content, but never sign up (about 50% of visits).

I've taken the following actions to try and help with this:
  • I've added Google Analytics code to each page so that we can track usage patterns much more easily
  • I've changed the title page and header of the forum to not just refer to "Pagoda SL Group", but to also add Mercedes-Benz 230SL, 250SL and 280SL to that, so that hopefully over time we will rank higher in Google for those search terms
  • I've added buttons to make it easy for people to register or join us on the general pages of the site
  • I've made the links static at the front of the site

Additionally, you can still help by ensuring you spread the word on our existence in other forums, with our suppliers, etc. Leave a link to http://www.sl113.org!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

k

Need Youtube channel
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 16:08:27 »
I would download all the gallery/Blacklick Techsession onto a dedicated sl113 Youtube channel.

Thats the single easiest way to build traffic for little effort.

Pictures/videos speak  volumes
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 18:53:34 by k »

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
Re: How successul are we?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 16:48:17 »
Be my guest. I've enough going on to keep this site running!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

k

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 18:56:24 »
How can i access the videos?

A 2 second highlight/copy & paste of all the photos via the web memory file/directory to a photo-host web site (photoshop, photoweorks) might be easier interim step than me click on, saving each post...?

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 19:01:25 »
The videos are already hosted on Google Video / Youtube, not on our site!

Peter