Author Topic: Looking for advise on a Nardi Steering wheel  (Read 3800 times)

Andres G

• Silver
  • USA, FL, Miami
    • Toyota Adventure Team
Looking for advise on a Nardi Steering wheel
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:35:28 »
Hello All,

As some of you may already know, I'm in the search for a 230/250 SL and at this point somewhat narrowing down my search to a few candidates. It has always been my interest to fit the car with a Nardi Wood steering wheel, but I have heard some horror stories about how hard these were to fit in the earlier production 230s.

I have searched the forum and found some interesting posts about these, but I remain unclear on a few things:
1 - What is the "correct" size wheel I should get? (I am 1.84 cms tall - about 6 ft 2 so ease of access to the car is not a problem with the original size wheel)
2 - Which adapter/hub should I get and where would be the best place to buy one?
3 - What is the expected price for these steering wheels? How much for the hub?

Thanks in advance,
Andres G

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
Re: Looking for advise on a Nardi Steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:46:33 »
Did you look at this thread? http://sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=8740.msg57022#msg57022

You should probably wait until you have pagoda in hand to get the correct size hub, etc
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas

Andres G

• Silver
  • USA, FL, Miami
    • Toyota Adventure Team
Re: Looking for advise on a Nardi Steering wheel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 16:53:46 »
Did you look at this thread? http://sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=8740.msg57022#msg57022

You should probably wait until you have pagoda in hand to get the correct size hub, etc

Thanks for the advise Wagas, I was actually looking to understand what I should expect to pay for the Nardi... just covering all my bases. I've come to realize that these cars are a little on the "expensive" side to play with.  :-\

Andres G