W113 Pagoda SL Group > Commercial Advertising

Rear Multi-link Suspension Available for those in Europe

(1/1)

Jack the Knife:
After inquiring about the brake adapter from RPR-Motors, they told me about their multi-link suspension upgrade they offer for Pagodas as well as W108s and other cars. Below is a recently-completed car. This might be a good option for those in Europe who would want a truly safe and modern rear suspension in their car. The price I was quoted is 17k Euros, and I was told they do about 4-5 of these a year. They can also fit cars with an air suspension. I imagine these two in conjunction make quite a fine ride. Not even Mechatronik does this. Though it is fitting that the owner of this firm is so innovative, as he left Mechatronik ten years ago to take things a step further. https://rpr-motors.com/48-1-der-R-SL.html

teahead:
Impressive!

Wonder what parts of what cars used.

Too bespoke and you'll have issues finding parts in the future.

Wonder what rear ratios are available?

Jack the Knife:

--- Quote from: teahead on March 29, 2023, 05:17:45 ---Impressive!

Wonder what parts of what cars used.

Too bespoke and you'll have issues finding parts in the future.

Wonder what rear ratios are available?

--- End quote ---

My understanding is this is all out of a W201. A German ebay seller I bought some engine parts from also had apparently done this at his own shop, and it's a "done thing" in Germany. I'm not sure what they use, but it looks like the following were available for different models at different points: 2.65; 2.87; 3.08; 3.23; 3.27; 3.42; 3.46; 3.64; 3.67; 3.91; 3.92. It appears the 3.46 was most common across the various models/configurations.

JamesL:
In 2006 I had a tour of the Mechatronik facility/warehouse. The chap who showed me around was Carsten Ohlinger…
I’ve a picture somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version