Author Topic: Air con  (Read 7655 times)

dirkbalter

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Corona
Re: Air con
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2022, 23:12:35 »
Thanks Frank, very wise advice. Not sure which way to go as it is not urgent, although I do know I would rather keep the car original than make changes the next custodian will not appreciate.
Any advice or recommendations on this topic is most welcome.

Dave
A lot of the cars, especially in warmer countries had ac units fitted from the dealerships for exactly the reasons you are mentioning. I don’t think a prober installed AC system would lower the value of the car. Why are you worried about the „next custodian“ if that’s something you like?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 00:07:47 by dirkbalter »
Dirk
66 230 SL
70 280 SEL
53 CHEVY 3100
18 C300 COUPE
05 HD FLSTNI

AdelaidePagoda

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Re: Air con
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2022, 13:18:13 »
Thanks Dirk, great advice, agreed and I may go down that path…. although before I do, I am exploring all options before installing a third party unit.
I was also going to upgrade the Becker radio and then found with modern technology you can pair a quality portable Bluetooth speaker to your phone and voila, amazing unlimited music with no additional changes to the originality of the car.
Sooooo I was hoping their may be an aftermarket portable unit that does the job without changing the cars structure. I await further responses.  Failing this, I proceed as you described.
Dave Cleghorn
January 1964 230SL 4SPD Power Steering
050 050 Black Soft top, Red Leather interior
Italian delivered/ Germany/ Florida/ Boston/ Sydney/ Adelaide (5th owner)

Model S Tesla
Vespa