W113 Pagoda SL Group > General Discussion

$150 Charge for Data Cards - Update - Your help is needed

<< < (2/15) > >>

mrfatboy:
😁

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

Cole:
Good one! Maybe us lovers of frogs, Versailles and French women will consider dumping the SL Glockenspiels in favor of classic Renaults!

Cole:
Well said, Tom. Thanks for speaking up!

ejboyd5:

--- Quote from: Cees Klumper on January 18, 2019, 13:05:33 ---MB is learning that if you start charging for something that was free before, even if it is valuable to the customer and costs you to provide it, people will notice. Had they always charged a small fee, say $25 back in the day, and then gradually increase it (but by more than inflation, as they have been doing on all parts for our cars) then the backlash would have been much less.

--- End quote ---
Somewhat akin to boiling a frog.

russelljones48:
I would offer an alternative reason for this charge: to change the thought process of those requesting the "service" from "why not, it's free" to "Do I need it and am I willing to pay $150 for it".  I also suspect that the lack of continued dialog with MB indicates that they aren't willing to discuss it further and have made THEIR decision.  I also suspect that the service costs them far more than $150 per request to provide - I've priced corporate services and this seems a reasonable charge - probably doesn't cover their costs..  Personally I'd like to see the non-sensitive data put into the public domain..  but that's probably also peeing into a strong wind with MB too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version