Author Topic: Calling Canadian Drivers in ON and/or other provinces for a Caravan to PUB2015  (Read 21866 times)

Benz Dr.

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Port Lambton
  • Benz Dr.
Tom, I have no intention to go to Chicago my route will be as shown below, if Urban plans to join our group then he needs to come near to that planned route somewhere someplace :)

Dan, I always felt like that. On another note I hope you can join us I even let you plan the route from your shop onward so we can avoid express ways and enjoy a nice Pagoda outing along America's byways :)

HEHEHEHEHEHEhehehehehe............... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
1966 230SL 5 speed, LSD, header pipes, 300SE distributor, ported, polished and balanced, AKA  ''The Red Rocket ''
Dan Caron's SL Barn

1970  3.5 Coupe
1961  190SL
1985   300CD  Turbo Coupe
1981  300SD
2013  GMC  Sierra
1965  230SL
1967 250SL
1970 280SL
1988 560SEC

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Dan ... would that be a Yes or a No ? ;D
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Tomnistuff

• Gold
  • Canada, Qc, Levis
Rolf-Dieter, your post about "Where to Meet" reminded me that we also need to decide where we eastern Canadian Pagodas will meet for the convoy to Blacklick.  If we are to meet Friday morning to head to Ohio, I will want to arrive there Thursday PM.  To me it's not a big deal but it will need to be "findable" and near a hotel for Thursday night.  Toronto?  London?  Points East?  Please not Detroit.  I spent too many years in that area.

The only reason I'm asking this early is that I'm meeting with my passenger this weekend and would like to start planning my driving time.  If they haven't taken my driver's license away, I'm coming to Blacklick, either in the Pagoda if it's finished, or in the C300 if it's not.

Tom Kizer
Apparently late 1966 230SL 4-spd manual (Italian Version)
Owned since 1987 and wrapping up a full rotisserie restoration/modernization.
Was: Papyrus White 717G with Turquoise MBtex 112 and Kinderseat
Is: Dark Blue 332G with Dark Blue Leather (5300, I think)

Benz Dr.

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Port Lambton
  • Benz Dr.
Dan ... would that be a Yes or a No ? ;D

That's a, maybe yes, and a maybe no. ;)
1966 230SL 5 speed, LSD, header pipes, 300SE distributor, ported, polished and balanced, AKA  ''The Red Rocket ''
Dan Caron's SL Barn

1970  3.5 Coupe
1961  190SL
1985   300CD  Turbo Coupe
1981  300SD
2013  GMC  Sierra
1965  230SL
1967 250SL
1970 280SL
1988 560SEC

mnahon

• Silver
  • Canada, QC, Montreal
Given the people that Rolf-Dieter listed in his first post, it seems Toronto or London are the best candidates for a meeting point on Friday AM. I have a small preference for Toronto, but could manage London too. in fact, if it was London, I'd probably still overnight in Toronto.
Meyer Nahon
Montreal, Canada
1968 MB 280SL Auto Euro LHD Silver
2021 Tesla Model 3

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
No reason you can't meet early in the morning at a TO location and then have a preset time to meet at one of the ONRoute locations near London and pick up more drivers from that area.  Good spot to stop for coffee and gas as well.
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
He's a wanna be hoser. He will have to learn how to drink Tim Horton's diesel fuel before we give him the nod.

Yo, Doc--Tim Horton's are plentiful here...maybe not throughout the USA, but surely here. The only question I have is which one to go to as I have ones close-by in all directions.  ;) And yes they have some of the best Fast Food coffee around.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Hi Tom,

Up to this point no speciffic point of assembly has been decided. However, as Jordan points out, Toronto and London are the points on the map that make most sense. somewhere close to the 401. I live about 2 minutes drive from the 401. In 2013 when we made our way down to Williamsburg we meet at my house (3 cars) then made our way to Dan's Benz Barn and crossed the border from there, then picked up more cars along the way.

So for now (it is quite early) you should plan to meet somewhere in Toronto on Thursday or make your way to London On. for an early start on Friday morning. My plan is to leave London early on Friday morning Sept. 11th 2015 (between 6 and 7 am).

If you decide to make your way to London for an early start on Friday morning then your beat way would be to make it to the Hampton Inn on the third Exit in London (Exeter Rd Exit). The parking lot there would be a good place to assemble for the trip to the border. The Hampton In Address, map locations and picture of the hotel are below. As you can see it is right on the 401 and before the 401/402 split going west.

I like to leave that early since I like to arrive in Blacklick around noon on Friday. That however, is not a must, it would be nice to be there around noon in case Joe needs a helping hand or two to get ready for the big event.

Hope this helps.  

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
I should have added, up to this point in time no one has steppet up to the bar and indicated to take on a task that I listed in my initial post. Mind you it is still early, however, help is needed to make it a success and a fun trip. As we all know planning can never start too early.

So unless there are individuals that will take up some of the tasks listed in Post # 1 ...  I may make my own plans and travel solo.