Author Topic: A/c Condensors  (Read 3074 times)

n/a

A/c Condensors
« on: November 12, 2003, 19:12:07 »
Those of you that have a/conditioning, would you please let me know if you also have an additional a/c condensor under the front bumper, that is about 24" long, by 2" x 3" wide ?? If so, does it show from the front of the car, and is it bolted onto the front bodywork, under the bumper? Thank you.
Footnote: (After taking the car to two dealers, one M/B repair shop, and also a classic car  a/c shop, no one still knows how to install the other condensor in front of the radiator, so I am going to fabricate flanges of my own??)

n/a

Re: A/c Condensors
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 08:04:39 »
Yes, my car (1969, dealer installed air) does have the additional condenser behind the front bumper. If you need photos of this, let me know and I will try to get some done. The car is in for service right now and a lot of that system is out, but when I get it back I can photograph it.

n/a

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 09:55:08 »
yes i also have the under bumper condenser.
it is mounted with 2 small bolts to the front cross member and then the brackets have little rubber bumpers that rest on the inside lip of the front bumper. if you need a picture i can take one tonight and post it for you. :)

Jerry P.

n/a

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 13:57:40 »
Jpyles and Jim,
Thank you for the info, a picture would be greatly appreciated, as mine somehow was screwed to the body, must have been done in a hurry by an unprofessional resorer.