Author Topic: Low mileage 230sl  (Read 17144 times)

Richard Madison

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
Re: Low mileage 230sl
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 15:01:07 »
Thank you all for sending me on a tubing search but I don't have any old (yellowed) tubing so I don't know the original correct size (inside diameter, outside diameter, wall thickness)...perhaps one of you will be kind enough to give me the exact measurements...so far all I found is useless tubing that is too thin.

Size please...
Thanks
Richard M
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Low mileage 230sl
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 15:46:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by 280SL71

Thank you all for sending me on a tubing search but I don't have any old (yellowed) tubing so I don't know the original correct size (inside diameter, outside diameter, wall thickness)...perhaps one of you will be kind enough to give me the exact measurements...so far all I found is useless tubing that is too thin.

Size please...
Thanks
Richard M

You didn't indicate you didn't have any original samples.

Really the best thing to do would be to take the top off of your filler, take it somewhere and do a test fit.

The problem with measurement is this tubing swells, shrinks and changes over time.  My measurements were taken at the end and I had to guess what they might be...

That being said, here are my measurements:

OD .3125 which is 5/16.  Wall thickness, 1/16.  ID then, is 3/16.  It seems to fit and work fine, or at least it has for some time now.  This is the tubing from the bottle to the pump; the tubing from the pump to inside the nozzles is a bit smaller.

That would make it something like this: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/variant.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=7510&product%5Fid=8073&variant%5Fid=57107

This is a pretty standard size, and I would bet I got mine at Home Depot.  I'll check around my car wash Richard and if I have any I'll email you offline and send you a piece.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 15:49:29 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid