Author Topic: Wrong Fuel pump  (Read 3512 times)

flacc

Wrong Fuel pump
« on: June 30, 2006, 09:17:50 »
Hi everyone....I finally made the plunge and bought my first W113.
Unfortunately it arrived with many more problems than anticipated, but I'll deal with them. At the very least it is completely rust free! Two major concerns....the car was previously retrofitted w/a  modern fuel pump...is this acceptable untill I resolve some of the other pressing mechanical issues, and (unbelievable) the under carriage was ripped on each side in transit by the tie downs. Any suggestions on repair...no picture at the moment as the car is at the shop.  Thanks in advance...and sorry about the double post.

christopher
1970 280sl
1985 300td wagon
199  e320 4matic wagon

christopher
1970 280sl
1985 300td wagon
199  e320 4matic wagon

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
Re: Wrong Fuel pump
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 09:35:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by flacc

Hi everyone....I finally made the plunge and bought my first W113.
Unfortunately it arrived with many more problems than anticipated, but I'll deal with them.
Chris,

Welcome to the Group!  Could you tell us how you found/bought your car?  Was it eBay, local paper, consignment, dealership?  We're all interested because most people end up saying "It had more problems that I expected."  One of this Group's informal goals is to help people buy a good car for a good price so they don't get suprises.

quote:
At the very least it is completely rust free!
How do you know?

quote:
the car was previously retrofitted w/a modern fuel pump...is this acceptable
Probably.  You might want to call/e-mail the manufacturer and see what the specs on the pump are.  How many PSI it generates and how many liters/second it pushes.

quote:
and (unbelievable) the under carriage was ripped on each side in transit by the tie downs. Any suggestions on repair?
Ripped?  You mean sheet metal was torn?  Where, in floor pans?  Rocker panels??

Finally, I understand your excitement in owning your first Pagoda, but it would probablu be best if you stuck to one question per topic.  That way the "conversation" is easier to follow.

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL