Author Topic: Leather Care?  (Read 3367 times)

Kayvan

Leather Care?
« on: August 13, 2015, 18:04:15 »
What Leather products do you use on your Leather interior?

I realize this is subjective and there are dozens of choices (Griots, Wolfgangs, Zainos, etc)

GAHH recommends Byron's Hyde Food for their interior kits

http://www.vicarinternational.com/byronsleathercare.html

mbzse

• Platinum
  • Sweden, Stockholm, Stockholm
Re: Leather Care?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 18:41:11 »
Quote from: Kayvan
What Leather products do you use on your Leather interior?
I use products from Lederzentrum
http://www.lederzentrum.de/international.html
Colourlock in the UK see www.colourlock.com
/Hans in Sweden
/Hans S

Bonnyboy

• Gold
  • Canada, BC, North Vancouver
  • 1969 280sl Euro 4sp LSD
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 22:01:47 »
I use a product by Gliptone.   There is a leather cleaner and a leather conditioner.  Use both - I always skipped using a cleaner but now I am a believer.   

It is the best product combination I have found so far.   I got the recommendation from an upholsterer who swore by the stuff.   Considering that my interior was a mouldy mess ready for the scrap heap 4 years ago and now it looks and feels amazing, this was the best investment I have made in a long time.
Ian
69 280SL
65 F-100
73 CB750K
75 MGB
78 FLH
82 CB750SC
83 VF 1100C
94 FLHTCU
08 NPS50
12 Pro 4X

Kayvan

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 02:13:37 »
I spent about 1.5 hours treating my Leather with the Byrons Hyde Food Leather conditioner

My interior was redone using the GAHH seat kits and a hide for dash, door cards, kick,and rear shelf panels.

GAHH's website recommends Byrons and you can buy it there for $30 or on ebay for $15; enough in bottle for 10-12 treatments.

I spent 1 hour last week using a bucket of very, very hot water and a large microfibre towel wrung out to just damp to wipe done all the leather.  Water was black; refilled twice.

Today I used the Byron's spraying it 1-2x on a small microfibre towel and wiping down all the leather. I then used a dry microfibre towel to buff.

I let car sit in direct sun for 1hr to warm up leather;  did one pass on seats, dash, knee pads, door cards, and rear deck.  I did an additional pass on certain areas (windshield posts, tops, a-pillars, doors card bottoms, etc)  that were looking dry.

Overall, great result.  At first, the leather seems darker and richer. But, it shortly returns to original color and has very, supple, soft, satin/matte hand.

Its water soluble and liquid spray not gel or cream; clearly not oily or greasy or uneven shiny patches as I have noted with Griots, Zaino, Zymol, and other commercial leather conditioners.

It leaves a natural leather scent; more like tannery oil and less like the "artificial leather" smell you get with above.

If you have the GAHH interior, I would highly recommend.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 18:57:20 by Kayvan »