Author Topic: Mickey mouse ears on new brake lines?  (Read 3077 times)

Jazn

Mickey mouse ears on new brake lines?
« on: December 01, 2006, 13:11:56 »
My front brake lines have what I called a mickey mouse ear type end that connects to the brake caliper.  The "mouse ears" are actually two bolt holes to secure the line to the dust shield.  All the new brake lines I have looked at don't seem to have these, anyone know of a vendor that has them?
Thanks
Jason

enochbell

Re: Mickey mouse ears on new brake lines?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 14:31:22 »
I replaced one about a year ago, sourced from Millers in Atlanta, and it has the "ears".  As I recall, it was in an original MB package.

Best,
g

'64 230sl, fully sorted out...ooops, spoke too soon

Jazn

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 14:47:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by enochbell

I replaced one about a year ago, sourced from Millers in Atlanta, and it has the "ears".  As I recall, it was in an original MB package.

Best,
g

Thanks G, I will check them out.
Jason

al_lieffring

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 16:16:33 »
If you are refering to replacing the flex hoses for the front brakes , no they dont come with the caliper fitting, that is a seperate part.

66 230sl
113-042-10-014715
904/396 blue, Ivory Tex
condition: not-as-rusty-as-before-bucket

enochbell

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 18:45:10 »
Al,

The part I was referencing was not a flex hose, rather, it is a pre-shaped metal brake line.  I hope that is what the question was about, otherwise I hope I did not mislead.  I sure do appreciate your posts, they are most informative,

Best,
g

Jazn

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 19:10:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by enochbell

Al,

The part I was referencing was not a flex hose, rather, it is a pre-shaped metal brake line.  I hope that is what the question was about, otherwise I hope I did not mislead.  I sure do appreciate your posts, they are most informative,

Best,
g

G
I got it, the ears portion of the brake line come off, which I will definitely disconnect.  
Just wait until I post before and after photos of my entire suspension and subframe rebuild, you will love it!
It's cool to look back and see how crappy it all was and how nice and new it all is now.
Jason

glennard

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 11:25:34 »
Hi, Flex hose male end screws into the Mickey part which bolts(two different length bolts, as I remember?)to the caliper.  These bolts are subject to the usual rust, break off joys.