Author Topic: Playboy's Garage  (Read 13602 times)

graphic66

Re: Playboy's Garage
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 20:21:13 »
I like the first one, the extremely rare 389 Mustang, I think they mean 289. And the poor girl who got the Mercury Capri, what an insult. Although the Volvo wagon is kind of a strange choice for a playmate. That hot pink 450SL has got to be a hard sell on the used car market, probably the ugliest Mercedes Roadster ever made. And a crappy fake Countach kit car, low blow for sure, or maybe a case of "no blow". How about Karen McDougal, a 98' Shelby. Wow, she must have really put out for that, I would sleep with Hef for that. And Heather Kozar getting the Cobra, how cool is that, and it isn't in screaming pink.
   The best looking bodies on there are definitely not on the cars though. I remember every one of those playmates. I must have really been paying attention. I still have the Donna Edmonson video of here with Frank Zappa music, is she super hot or what? She even claimed being a virgin at the time, oh the waste, such a shame. 
  But my personal favorite is that pink Sunbeam Tiger, I always wanted one

k

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 21:30:26 »
Hef owned a '61 300 SL Roadster, and drives it in opening sequence of Playboy Atrer Dark/Penthouse TV series from 1960s

hauser

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 22:10:07 »
Still has it!  He let his girlfriend drive it around the property once.  As  she was driving, she went up an incline and scraped the bottom right rear end.  I cringed when I saw that! 

BTW  I don't watch the show just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time. ;)

Witt

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 23:58:05 »
........Wasn't it the Pagoda's turn one year? I seem to remember someone posting a picture of a Playmate draped all over one on this site, and complaining that she was scratching the paint....or am I dreaming?.....

CHEERS !
WITT !   ???

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 22:50:12 »
Interesting list of cars, especially the 60's and 70's ones.  The Volvo 1800ES was not such a strange choice - it was a very desirable model here in the U.S. when it came out.  My first new car was one of the last ten produced (probably the only car I've ever sold that I'd want to have back again - proposed to my wife in it, so seeing one really does bring back memories).  The only car I have ever owned that drew as much attention as the ES is my Pagoda!
- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)

Rolland

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 04:10:33 »
for some reason, pink muscle cars just doesn't cut it.  Glad Hef didn't keep sending his fine cars through the same paint booth!