Author Topic: Side window seals  (Read 2442 times)

MikeL43

Side window seals
« on: July 22, 2017, 15:27:12 »
I recently had the headliner on my hardtop replaced which wasn't cheap and the guy who did it said he would never do another.  At the same time I had him replace the rubber seals on all of the windows including the ones on the roll up side windows.  My problem is that the door won't close with the window in the full up position and when I  roll it up from inside I can't open the door until I roll down the window.  I have been fiddling with this for hours and hours and even tried sliding the hardtop back a little but when I fastened it the top returned to the previous position.  I realize that the new seals are a little larger than  the old ones due to age and wear but there must be something I'm missing.  I made a cursory check of the forum and didn't find anything relating to side window adjustment  Any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated..
Mike L

Pawel66

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Konstancin-Jeziorna
Re: Side window seals
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 18:28:04 »
Perhaps a look at the Technical Manual will help.

https://www.sl113.org/wiki/ChassisBody/Windows

I would also double check if proper seals were installed in the proper places in a proper way - if the person who did it was not that familiar with Pagoda. The magnitude of misalignment you describe is suspiciously big.

You will also find a lot of threads to explore members creativity as for how to make glass slide better on the rubber seals.

May want not to enforce closing door wiht window up if it does not fit...
Pawel

280SL 1970 automatic 180G Silver
W128 220SE
W121 190SL
G-class

stickandrudderman

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Richmond
    • http://www.colinferns.com
Re: Side window seals
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 18:28:59 »
You have to adjust the door glass to fit the seals. Plenty of info on here on how to do it.
Once you've adjusted the glass to fit the hard top then you should adjust the soft top to fit the glass.
This is no 5 minute job!