Author Topic: Hi I'm new to forum  (Read 5471 times)

Misty

Hi I'm new to forum
« on: November 17, 2012, 21:18:31 »
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, but not new to the pagoda.. On my 3rd..

Just taken delivery of a lovely 1969 280SL recently imported from the USA (I'm in uk)

Only 55k on the clock and a great car!

Need a bit of advice the seal on drivers window is needing replacing, also boot seal, anyone know where to get these?

Thanks inn advance!
Zak

KevinC

Re: Hi I'm new to forum
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 21:47:52 »
Greating Zak. Welcome aboard. Try the search tool to look at past posts that might help you. If not, some one with ideas is bound to chime in. Be sure to post pics of your car when you can.

Kevin

Misty

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 21:50:51 »
Hi Kevin!

Thanks for the welcome  :)

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 22:05:28 »
Hi Zak,

Welcome to the Forum.

As Kevin said, try the search to see what others may have said about a particular vendor or getting those particular items.  Have a good look through the Technical Manual at the headings and there are some very good parts that will help you maintain your Pagoda.

Also in there you will see a list of Vendors  http://www.sl113.org/wiki/Suppliers/Start

There are the usual suspects such as the Mercedes Classic Centre and the US dealers such as Millers and Bud's Benz together with others such as Benz Dr and Scoot who all have there speciality areas that you wil get to know as you watch the going on on the forum.  There has just been some very recent discussion on the front pillar window rubbers concerning OEM and Repro rubbers, one with cloth covering (OEM) and the standard cheaper rubber items.   http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=17459.0

When you get a chance, some photos are always appreciated by everyone.

As a basic member you have access to most but not all areas of the Tech Manual, as a full member you have full access to the Manual as well as receiving the Pagoda Notes and annual Pagoda World publication, something to consider for future.  Just my plug for the Forum as one of the Membership Secretaries.

Garry
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 22:10:15 by Garry »
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Markbhai

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 22:47:03 »
Hi.

Welcome to the forum, I am also from the UK and there are a number of UK members on here.  You will be able to get seals from many places, but probably the mot reliable is sls-hh-shop in Germany, the online catalogue is very good (but you have to order by email).

Try this page...

http://www.sls-hh-shop.de/index.php/cat/c93_77-Softtop-230SL-250SL-280SL.html

Cheers

Mark.

gerster

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 10:55:25 »
Welcome to the Forum Zak, you can also look on the German Ebay site when you search for the W113.

Greetings from the Netherlands.
Ger.

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 15:36:29 »
Hi Zak,
welcome

SLS is by far very respectable, but in Europe you may also want to check MB of Poole in the UK and DB in Germany http://www.dbdepot.de/index.php?nav=4&lan=2&

for several body parts and seals you can also approach Mr Kulinski in Poland, unfortunately his website is in Polish only, but look at his pictures and I can help if needed
http://www.retroteile.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=9&lang=pl
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

glenn

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 17:39:53 »
Markbhai,  Is that Bradford-on-Avon near Bath?  A Beautiful Town - fitting for a Pagoda. ..!!

Misty

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 18:21:44 »
Thanks so much for the very kind welcome  :)

Il have a look at the links provided.. So glad I found this place ...

Took it out for the first time today and reversed into asking bay and scratched the rear wheel arch   :'(

Now having to add a paint repair to my list  .. Typical.. London is way to crowded..

I tried to upload pics last night but working from iPad .. It says I can't add as name already exists..? And can't edit name of a photo on iPad.. Or can you?

Thanks guys :-)

49er

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, El Dorado Hills
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 21:14:02 »
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. Sorry to hear about your scrape and all I have to say is you are brave soul to take it for a drive in London. Driven there a few times myself (in left hand drive cars) and it was quite a challenge:-)

John
1969 280SL 003820
Un Restored, All Original, including the paint
Original Owner, Purchased September 18, 1968
4 speed manual, PS. 77217 miles
7280 miles since awoken from her 20+ yr "nap" in 2010

1405Stby

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 00:51:10 »
Welcome to the forum Zak.  I always use BudsBenz and always ask for Rusty.  He has never failed to get me the part or parts I need.  Budsbenz is in the USA, but I am sure they can ship to London.

Brady