W113 Pagoda SL Group > General Discussion

Cognac Carpet

<< < (2/5) > >>

rwmastel:
A Dalton,

If you have info that would make our databases more complete we would greatly appreciate your contribution.  You should be able to use the Add Record button at the top of the table to make your entries.  Try to maintain the same format as the existing records.

Thanks

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420

n/a:
I have a 1970 with cognac leather (250) and the recently replace original carpet was a multi-loop in cognac. The original drivers floor mat had the MB logo and part number embossed in the plastic heal pad. I did a lot of research before buying the replacement carpet set, but remained unconvinced that cognac was not original.
Cognac is apparently not always available. When I bought my carpet set several places had it in stock, including GAHH and Bud's Benz.

Regards,
Stan

pagodapete:
GAHH has sent me three samples of carpet.  I am trying to determine if one of them might be close to the #8008 brown.  I was trying to attach a photo of the carpet samples that GAHH sent to me but the page won't load for some reason.  If anyone knows what the Brown #8008 looks like, email me off list and I will email the photo of the samples.

Or, better still does anyone know of a quality source of the Brown #8008 carpet?

Thanks,

Brian Peters
Motoring Investments

rwmastel:
Uploaded photos must be less than 80 KB in size.

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420

n/a:
No, Pete, I think you are right, actually. I am sure about the color, but I think the earlier cars had square-weave and the later ones had loop or nylon carpet. Mine are a dark brown. Interestingly, I ordered carpet mats (when I got the car it had a three sets of somewhat aged coco mats piled on top of each other in the footwells) and told the mat company 'dark brown'- and they sent me carpet samples, one of which matched just about perfectly. From which I suspect that these carpets are close to their original color and haven't faded too much if at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version