W113 Pagoda SL Group > General Discussion

Cognac Carpet

<< < (4/5) > >>

114015:
Hi all,

Roser *was* the manufacturer of the leather for our interiors. The company does not exist anymore. At least (some of) the buildings where they were have been bought by Mercedes-Benz. I don't know where they get their leather today.

The carpet samples you show are all wrong. 280ies had "Tufting" carpet, no multi-loop. The later is some more modern 70ies stuff.

I know that Doug had some very little samples of the (almost or complete) correct two-tone cognac carpet. The color tone is 8070. Richard (Madison) has the correct and orignal carpet in his 280 SL.
But unfortunately I do not know where to get that. I will try here in Deutschland as I need to replace the carpet on the rails as well ... :-(

Best,

Achim
(Magdeburg, Germany)

Douglas:
Achim,

I had those bits & pieces of cognac acrylic boucle carpeting, but I gave them to Richard Madison for some repair work he needed to do!

(I do have some tan square weave left though.)

Douglas Kim
New York, NY
280 SL #018260

pagodapete:
Hi,
I am going to try to send a photo again.  It turns out that the sample of "Cognac Loop" that Bud's Benz sent is exactly the same as what GAHH calls #485 Brown/Gold loop.  If the photo made it, it is the lighter sample.  The dark one is the #475 Brown loop.  You can also see the samples in the attachment that "RWMASTEL" was so kind to send for me.

Does anyone know if this Brown/Gold loop actually replicates the original Cognac Loop?

It looks like I will have to decide between this Brown loop and the Brown/Gold loop.  Do you have an opinion as to what looks better with the Cognac leather in a White car??

Thanks
PS - Still cannot upload a photo.  "I get a page cannot be displayed" failure notice. :(

Brian Peters
Motoring Investments

tuultyme:
There is a seller on EBay who has carpet kits including Cognac.  Does anyone have any experience with the quality of his material?  He also has leather and MB tex for the interior.

Bruce; Blaugrun(green) 1970 280SL; IL

pagodapete:
What is the seller's name on Ebay?

By the way I think that what most suppliers are calling Cognac is #485 Brown/Gold loop.  That is what I ended up buying.quote:Originally posted by tuultyme

There is a seller on EBay who has carpet kits including Cognac.  Does anyone have any experience with the quality of his material?  He also has leather and MB tex for the interior.

Bruce; Blaugrun(green) 1970 280SL; IL

Brian Peters
Motoring Investments

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version