W113 Pagoda SL Group > General Discussion

Cognac Carpet

(1/5) > >>

pagodapete:
Hi,
I just ordered all new leather for one of my cars in Cognac and was told by GAHH that the Cognac carpet has been discontinued.  Does anyone know of a supplier of the Cognac carpet?  I am also assuming that if a car had Cognac seats that it had Cognac carpet as well.  If not, what other color might be correct?

If the Cognac is not available I will have to choose between Bamboo, Palomino, Brown-Gold or maybe something else.

This is the multi-loop carpet of a '69 model.

Brian Peters
Motoring Investments

n/a:
The cognac interior (code 250 I think) has a brown square-weave carpet in that year, I think. The Meredith book, which is a pretty good source but not infallible, says the carpets were 8008 brown and the headliner was 8038 bamboo. This is what my car, which has its original interior, seems to have. Interestingly, cognac 250 was also available in tex, which would give you the best of both worlds, but I have never seen it. Mind you, I haven't looked at that many SLs.

pagodapete:
Jim,
I was under the impression that the '69 models had a multiloop carpet rather than the square weave of the older W113 cars.  Actually I have a '68 with an original interior that is multiloop(green).  Is it possible that 280's came with either type of carpet? quote:Originally posted by jim rosenthal

The cognac interior (code 250 I think) has a brown square-weave carpet in that year, I think. The Meredith book, which is a pretty good source but not infallible, says the carpets were 8008 brown and the headliner was 8038 bamboo. This is what my car, which has its original interior, seems to have. Interestingly, cognac 250 was also available in tex, which would give you the best of both worlds, but I have never seen it. Mind you, I haven't looked at that many SLs.

Brian Peters
Motoring Investments

A Dalton:
113.044 with both leather or Tex in Cognac/8006  came with Brown -8008 carpet/ Multi-loop. Trim codes 140 w/tex, 250 w/leather
 No other combo.
 230/250 Cognac came with Brown-6454 in both leather or Tex.
 Squareweave.  Trim codes 120 w/tex and 216 w/leather.

Note that Cognac color codes of the earlier trims was Tex/2402, and leather code cognac/1505.
 I notice the 280 trims are not listed on this site, so I will send them if needed.

JamesL:
I have cognac leather

Bamboo headliner (and sun-visors)

and

Blue carpet :oops:

It looks wonderful (on a light metallic blue 1969 280SL) but not standard, as far as I am aware

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version