Author Topic: Early Sun Visor clip orders PROTOTYPES ON TOUR  (Read 30910 times)

benzportland

Early Sun Visor clip orders PROTOTYPES ON TOUR
« on: August 12, 2008, 21:16:08 »
UPDATE 3/11 - Thanks so much to Alfred and Scott for looking them over for fit and color.  Alfred noticed some "fit" issues and I have not heard from Scott yet but the input is extremely helpful, so we really need another volunteer to contact Scott and look them over.  Contact Scott (Scoot) or myself directly if you can help.   

UPDATE 12/11 - I received the samples, they look pretty good in my opinion but I want second (or third) opinions on them as mentioned before from those here who have originals.  There seemed to be some confusion on color as the guy sent black and grey, instead of grey and beige so I'll call him ASAP.  At least the mould is made and they look correct in terms of size and fit.  I'll keep everyone posted.....

UPDATE 11/18 - I finally have everything to the shop (sorry for the delays) and the tech is making the mould and should have some new samples out soon!  Based on the samples he was was sent, he thinks the grey and beige are the same actually, but we can resolve that through the new samples.  I'll keep everyone posted, thanks. 

Per the discussion on the post "Sun Visor Clips?" please note this will be the correct clip for the 230sl and the 250sl up to number 002979.  They will only fit the old style sunvisors.  For examples of new and old style visors, see the post "Remanufactured Sun Visors For Sale" and there are two very good pictures showing the difference. The clips available today from the Classic Center and other sources do not fit the early style sunvisors.  

I am estimating the cost as $25.00 pair, plus actual cost of shipping to your location.  They will ship from the US (Oregon).  This is the actual cost of the item, I am not trying to make any money on this venture.  When we get closer to production, the actual cost might be a bit higher or lower than $25.00. I am going to pay the fabricator up front so I would not need any payment from buyers until they are actually ready to ship.  

Also please note these will be the solid version clips; some versions are hollow and have a small metal support brace which goes inside.  The solid version is obviously much more feasible to reproduce.  It is my understanding that the solid version will fit the same exact footprint as the hollow one.  

As for colors, it seems they were either beige or gray.  Please specify your preference, and I believe we should be able to get either color.  A few here have mentioned they have original clips in very nice condition; I may ask them to send one clip to the fabricator for color accuracy, or to send a high-resolution picture.  

Please respond to this post indicating the number of clips you want, and your preferred color.  After awhile I will have a better idea of quantity and then get the order started.  I will order some extra as well, as I figure they will all sell eventually.  

Thanks

****Thanks all - I will keep checking and allow some more time for others to post here******

</b>UPDATE 9/10/08:  <b> Per Jerry's question I did get a message from the tech and he indicated there is no UV protection, so the item would fade and age just like the originals in direct sunlight.  I have asked him if there is any process/finish to prevent this and should hear back soon.

UPDATE - We will need a good grey sample if anyone has one to send to the shop.  I think we are covered on Beige, another member has a beige to send and I am sending mine.  In the meantime, I am making sure that the sample will not be cut/damaged/changed, and will be returned promptly.  Of course a broken / unuseable one would be ideal as again it is for color sample only.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 15:23:07 by benzportland »

DaveB

• Gold
  • Australia, Western Australia, Lathlain
Re: Early Sun Visor clip orders SAMPLES NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 01:31:16 »
1 pair beige please.
DaveB
'65 US 230sl 4-speed, DB190

jszeman1

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • USA, NY, Waterford
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:06:04 »
1 pair beige please
JohnS

franjo_66

• Silver
  • Australia, NSW, Point Piper
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 06:17:53 »
And one more pair in beige please !

Thanks
Frank
Franjo

1965 230SL Black/Auto/RHD
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
1983 BMW 735i
1986 560 SEC
1991 500SL
1982 Holden Statesman DeVille

Paddy_Crow

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 10:23:36 »
1 pair gray for me...

Rolf

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 16:09:24 »
1 pair of the beige ones please.

paults1

• Senior
  • USA, FL, The Villages
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 16:23:59 »
1 pair of beige please.
Paul S. '63 230SL

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 16:32:52 »
I will chime in for one pair of beige ones!
- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 17:09:18 »
1 pair of beige
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)

blue230sl

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 06:44:05 »
1 pair of beige please

Paddy_Crow

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 08:59:48 »
By the way, if I'm the only one going for gray I will gladly accept beige.

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United States, New Jersey (formerly of London)
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 14:52:19 »
I have a late 230 - beige please. (So long as you don't mind sticking them in an envelope and via US Mail to the UK - happy to pay postage, of course!!)

James
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

graphic66

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 07:10:17 »
I would like a pair of biege also. Thank you for your time on this. My new clips don't work.

jacovdw

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 09:45:33 »
Sign me up for one pair of beige clips please.

Thank you,

georgem

• Gold
  • Australia, Queensland, Birkdale
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 16:56:23 »
A pair of grey please

George
230 sl

George McDonald
Brisbane
230 Sl
1973 VW Kombi Single Cab Ute
2022 Volvo XC 40 Pure (100% electric)

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 17:08:41 »
Sign me up for a pair of beige!  I may decide to get a second pair once the clips are in.

Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas

hill

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 11:27:37 »
One pair beige please.

Mark280SL

• Inactive
  • Senior
  • USA, PA, New Hope
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 13:49:28 »
One pair beige for me also please.
Mark

psmith

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 23:29:48 »
I'd like a pair of gray please.  THANKS! for making this happen.

dtuttle123

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 18:51:43 »
Hi Kyle -

Put me down for 1 pair beige.

Doug

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 14:09:18 »
Two pairs of beige please.

Thanks a lot
and best wishes,

Achim
Achim
(Germany)

seattle_Jerry

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 00:32:28 »
What is the fabrication process?

A picture on the computer screen for a color match doesn't work. Every monitor is different as are the cameras. Some display warm tones others cool.

If you send them a part they can use a pantone book of color samples to match the part as close as possible.

Make sure they add UV stabilizer.

If you need a metal insert, that is possible through a secondary operation. You drill an undersized hole and then use an ultrasonic welder to insert the metal. Lots of threaded knobs are made this way.

seattle_Jerry

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 00:53:41 »
Just read the other visor thread...
You don't need to manufacture new metal inserts. You already have them. Just reuse them in the new part.

We made lots of parts with expensive metal inserts. You placed the metal piece in the injection mold and then molded the plastic around them.
If the plastic part was bad, we would either cut away the plastic, or melt it away with a chemical to reuse the insert.

Molding is about balance. Parts are rarely injection molded in ones. 2,4,6,8 etc
It has to do with fluid dynamics.

Parts are also, as much as possible, made to be innerchangeable left and right. A mold will still make 2 at a time, but then there is no need to sort parts and less chance of errors in assembly.

benzportland

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 20:35:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by seattle_Jerry

Just read the other visor thread...
You don't need to manufacture new metal inserts. You already have them. Just reuse them in the new part.

We made lots of parts with expensive metal inserts. You placed the metal piece in the injection mold and then molded the plastic around them.
If the plastic part was bad, we would either cut away the plastic, or melt it away with a chemical to reuse the insert.

Molding is about balance. Parts are rarely injection molded in ones. 2,4,6,8 etc
It has to do with fluid dynamics.

Parts are also, as much as possible, made to be innerchangeable left and right. A mold will still make 2 at a time, but then there is no need to sort parts and less chance of errors in assembly.

Hi Jerry - Sorry took so long to respond to this.  I am not sure of the exact fabrication process other than use of molds and injection.  But it will be handled by a firm in California that specializes in reproductions of plastic automotive parts.  Either here or in the other post it was discussed that part of the process as to color would include the firm sending us color samples for comparisons.  As for the metal insert version, the consensus seemed to be producing correct versions, so those who want the solid version will get those first, the hollow version for the metal insert ones possibly at a later time if there is enough interest.  Adding the metal clips basically doubled the cost after checking with a few firms, as you mention here there are ways of doing pretty easily but the cost does increase.

seattle_Jerry

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 20:56:13 »
You can always paint them...although the bigger concern in degradation is the brittleness of the parts.

We painted plastics parts all the time. Often it was when doing fiberglass filled resins (little hairs of fiberglass immersed in various plastics) or high tech plastics that were strong but ugly.

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:11 »
1 pair of beige please.   Thanks, Scott
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

benzportland

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 23:40:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by seattle_Jerry

You can always paint them...although the bigger concern in degradation is the brittleness of the parts.

We painted plastics parts all the time. Often it was when doing fiberglass filled resins (little hairs of fiberglass immersed in various plastics) or high tech plastics that were strong but ugly.

One thing the guy mentioned was that he has parts out there for about 10 years now, and he has followed the "life" of those original parts.  He said that even for parts exposed frequently to sun (Southern California and Arizona) there has been no cracking or breaking, although there has been some fading.

benzportland

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 00:06:48 »
Just a quick update - I am arranging for samples, etc.  I've been a bit short of time lately but should be getting back in the swing of things soon....

benzportland

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 15:03:56 »
Hi everyone.  We still need a gray sample piece to send in for color accuracy.  The tech doing the work just needs to examine one with his own eyes.  I only have beige, and another member sent a beige one in as well.  So, we still need a grey for a sample.  It will be returned to the volunteer promptly, and of course a broken one would be best just on the rare chance that it goes missing.  Any volunteers?

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 16:17:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by benzportland

Hi everyone.  We still need a gray sample piece to send in for color accuracy.  The tech doing the work just needs to examine one with his own eyes.  I only have beige, and another member sent a beige one in as well.  So, we still need a grey for a sample.  It will be returned to the volunteer promptly, and of course a broken one would be best just on the rare chance that it goes missing.  Any volunteers?

OK, I'll volunteer one of my grey ones.  Let me know where to send it.   Scott
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

benzportland

Re: Early Sun Visor clip orders UPDATE
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 04:05:08 »
Just a quick update; i do have two prototypes but due to an error on my part the tech made gray and black, rather than grey beige.  I will let everyone know as soon as I get a beige one and another (slightly darker) grey, then I'd like to circulate them around the experts on these for color accuracy. 

jszeman1

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • USA, NY, Waterford
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 22:40:54 »
Hello,
I would like a pair of beige please.  Thanks, John
JohnS

• Platinum
Re: Early Sun Visor clip orders
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 00:59:44 »
Hello,

Any news on the progress?

Thanks a lot for your input.

Best,
Achim
Achim
(Germany)

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 01:31:02 »
Hello Achim
I knew all along that you are bestowed with ESP!  8)
Benzportland just sent me three samples in different shades of gray to beige and one in black to compare colors and to check the fit.  I have now passed the samples on to Scoot to check and evaluate. He'll pass it one to the next recipient in the chain and so on and after we have about six opinions the originator will have to make a decision.
Anyone interested in evaluating the prototype samples should contact Scoot.
Alfred

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 15:29:33 »
...waiting to be contacted..... 
Scott
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
Re: Early Sun Visor clip orders PROTOTYPES ON TOUR
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 03:23:56 »
Hi Scott,
any updates or has the chain letter aborted?
Alfred

benzportland

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 18:59:46 »
Hi Scoot and Alfred - I just emailed J. Huber to see if we could send them to him, he has a 230sl and has been a member for many years so I am thinking his insights would be helpful.  Hopefully we will hear back from him soon.

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 19:31:19 »
Hello guys. Just read the e-mail. Kind of sad when you check the Pagoda Forums before your own email....

Anyway, I was just thinking about responding anyway. As much as I'd like to, I am not sure I could help much. First off, I have new reproduction visors (well, relatively new I should say -- 11 years! -- from Miller's I believe). Second, I believe through this discussion and others it was determined that the clips I had were from a 108. And now, I have replacements I bought through Bud's... So I don't really have any idea what the originals look like firsthand!. I would perhaps be willing to buy a grey set in the 20-25 dollar range -- but maybe somebody who has originals should look at the sample...

Thanks for thinking of me. I hope they turn out great (and will work with the newer visors!)
James
63 230SL

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 19:47:34 »
I'm going to go ahead and send them back to Kyle.
Scott
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

hill

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 20:58:25 »
I have the early 250 which has the same clips as the 230 if I can be of help. CLIPS ARE ORIGINAL ON THE CAR

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
Re: Early Sun Visor clip ... are finally in!!
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 23:11:17 »
Hello to all who were interested buying reproduction clips.
Because of heavy obligations "Benzportland" turned this project over to me and we now have some reproduction clips available for sale.
As indicated earlier the clips do not have the metal insert and are solid. Initially we had some issues withe the material being too soft and the current ones are hard plastic.  
Each clip is made individually from a mold and the manufacturer files the opening a bit wider to make sure that the visor bar fits into the slot.
I have checked some of them and they grip the visor quite well. The finish is not as smooth and even as the original - that is, there are few protrusions and may be a tiny blister at the base - but as long as these imperfections are not visible I'll accept the piece otherwise I send it back. On the first batch of nine one was returned.  Please take a close look at the attached photos. The clip on the left is the original in my 230SL and the one on the left is the reproduction.

The first batch came in a beige/tan color since the majority wanted this color. We'll have another badge produced in gray, and if someone wants to spend extra dollars they can be produced in black and red, etc.
Since the reproductions have a different color than the original (see attached photos) I believe that is sensible to buy them as a pair.
The price for two is US$25 and that includes shipping within the continental USA but you must pay by check.  Paypal is possible at an additional fee of $1.00.
For all others the price is US$23.50 plus mailing costs and Paypal fees.  I am only charging the actual costs that the manufacturer charges me plus a small amount for the initial set up fee.

Looking through the responses I compiled a listing of members who wanted them. Those on the list please send me an email through the web site and confirm your interest.  If you are not on the list then please send me a message and let me know what you want.

DaveB   1 pair   beige
jszeman1   1 pair   beige
franjo-66   1 pair   beige
Rolf   1 pair   beige
paults   1 pair   beige
Mike Hughes   1 pair   beige
blue230SL   1 pair   beige
jameshoward   1 pair   beige
graphic66   1 pair   beige
jacovdw   1 pair   beige
waqas   1 pair   beige
Hill   1 pair   beige
Mark280SL   1 pair   beige
dtuttle123   1 pair   beige
Achim   2 pairs   beige
scoot   1 pair   beige
Paddy_Crowe   1 pair      gray
georgem   1 pair      gray
psmith   1 pair      gray

Thank you all for your patience!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 23:19:33 by 66andBlue »
Alfred

• Platinum
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 11:22:43 »
Dear Alfred,

Thanks a lot for your input.
Please update my order as follows:
Achim 2 pairs   beige
2 pairs      gray

Thanks a lot for all your great input on this !

Best,
Achim
Achim
(Germany)

Michel Richard

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 20:34:37 »
Alfred,

I would like a pair too.  I'm a new owner of a '64 230sl and have just joined the board as a full member.  I'm in Canada (montreal) and shipping may be a little different.  Please let me know how much I will owe.  I would like to pay Paypal.

Thank you

Michel Richard
300 Berkley
Saint-Lambert (Quebec)
Canada
J4P 3E4

Michel Richard

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 20:35:22 »
In beige, please : - )

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
Re: Early Sun Visor clip orders
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 04:09:29 »
Hi Michel,
I'll add you to the list.  Thus far I have received only 9 beige pairs which I mailed to those who had paid already.
I had received another 6 pairs but the color was so different that I rejected them.
Once I receive another batch of acceptable ones I'll contact you for payment.
Alfred

Michel Richard

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 14:25:32 »
That is great,

Thank you

Michel

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2010, 22:20:23 »
Here is an update.
I have received another batch and contacted most of you on the waiting list and requested payment.
I have also placed my last order for 3 six pairs in beige for:
Michel Richard
Waqas
Mike Hughes
packy
Norm
liner03
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 18:55:48 by 66andBlue »
Alfred

graphic66

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2010, 15:25:28 »
I received my set and put them in my 66' 230 SL. These are great, I used a flat file to get the tension just right as the directions said. They look great and actually hold the visors in place, not like the new MB ones I had purchased that just barely held them. No more constantly reaching up to put the visors back in there place. Thank you very much for all your hard work and time you put into these. I am very pleased.

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
Re: Early Sun Visor clip orders --- pleas pay up!
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 18:53:37 »
The final order arrived and is ready to be shipped.
It is time to pay up! I am in the hole for $500+ !! :o

Also because of cancellations I have 3 pairs in gray available.
Anyone interested before I put them up on eBay to recover my costs?
Thanks.
Alfred

• Platinum
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 20:24:29 »
Hello Alfred,

Yes,
I will be in for another set of grey sun visor clips (that would be a total of five for me).
On the other hand, I could pass on one set of beige ones for another member here if there is someone around who is still looking for a beige set.

Alfred, please just let me know where I should direct my money to you (by PN).

Thank you so much for all your great work and enthusiasm on this topic.

Best,
Achim
Achim
(Germany)

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 22:49:23 »
Alfred, in your estimation, would these fit the after market visors sold by Millers, Buds, or SL Classics (if you know)? And would the grey be reasonably accurate for a 230 with dark blue MB TEX? If yes, or probably on both accounts, I'll take a set.
James
63 230SL

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 02:56:00 »
James,
since I have never seen a repro sold by Buds, Millers or anyone else I cannot answer your question. But if the bar dimension is the same they should fit.
A grey (or gray) clip was never accurate for a Pagoda, only a grayish beige was. But since even such a dyed-in-the-wool originalist as Achim is buying three pairs (thanks Achim!) then I guess you can consider the color to be reasonably accurate.
Attached is a color comparison (although in the photo the gray one has more blueish tint than in reality) - you decide.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:58:04 by 66andBlue »
Alfred

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 03:04:12 »
...  I used a flat file to get the tension just right as the directions said. ...

Here are the installation directions in case someone else needs to know. It is important to add the cup washers otherwise the base of the clip can split apart when screwed down to tightly.  That is the reason why most of them are broken by now.

Thanks graphic66 for your feedback!
Alfred

hauser

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 04:10:37 »
James,
since I have never seen a repro sold by Buds, Millers or anyone else I cannot answer your question. But if the bar dimension is the same they should fit.
A grey (or gray) clip was never accurate for a Pagoda, only a grayish beige was. But since even such a dyed-in-the-wool originalist as Achim is buying three pairs (thanks Achim!) then I guess you can consider the color to be reasonably accurate.
Attached is a color comparison (although in the photo the gray one has more blueish tint than in reality) - you decide.  ;)

Alfred, Buds did have at one time an ebay auction where you would send them your visors and would refurbish them.  Not really sure about the details.

Mike

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2010, 21:19:27 »
I did the refurbishing thing with Buds about five years ago.  They came back looking really great and I was delighted.  There was a slight difference in the texture (more pebble like finish) as compared to the originals but I like them.  Not sure why that program was discontinued. 

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2010, 00:43:35 »
Back in 1998 I tried very unsuccessfully to repair my originals myself. They went from bad to worse. So I purchased new ones from Star Quality (Ray) or Miller's. Don't remember that part but do remember the pain of paying for them. They are not bad and still look like new -- only major bummer is they do not have the mirror. I think Kay's are the way to go now. Anyway, Alfred I thought I better "blank or get off the pot" on this this. If no one else has claimed the remaining sets I will take one. Let me know and I'll pony up.

James
63 230SL

graphic66

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2010, 15:27:20 »
What's up with the 230SL chrome on the glove box door? Was that added later or stock?
   By the way your lights are on.
   I also sprung the $700.00 plus for those visors back before the lesser expensive ones with the mirror were available. I did a complete interior redo and got done and realized you only noticed my old crappy visors and nothing else. I had to part with my money. But after that they kept popping out of the little clips constantly I was a little disappointed, but now with these new clips all is well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 14:47:43 by Peter van Es »

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2010, 18:09:41 »
Hey Graphic66. I am pretty sure the 230SL badge was an add-on (maybe from the delete plate as my data card doesn't show a radio). Its a nice touch.

Are you basing the "lights on" idea by the position of my switch? I keep it in the middle -- 2 turns to right do lights, turns left do parking lamps (that don't actually work)...

Funny thing about the mirror: one time my young daughter was riding with me, her hair all askew from the ride, reached up to the visor and said "what kind of crazy car doesn't have a mirror?" ... I had to fess up.
James
63 230SL

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2010, 20:24:47 »
...  I will take one. Let me know and I'll pony up.
James
Are you still interested?
Alfred

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 00:47:35 »
Hi Alfred. Yes. I have sent you a PM...

signed, Mr. Forgetful...
James
63 230SL

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 18:48:01 »
A bit of a follow-up on this: I installed my new visor clips today. They fit very well -- and hold my aftermarket visors (Star Quality 1998) very well. I had previously been using some aftermarket clips from Buds. They also did the trick but actually did not grip the visors as firmly as the new ones. Thanks Alfred -- good job. Here are some comparison photos...(The filenames hopefully reveal which is which)
James
63 230SL

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 19:24:49 »
Happy to learn that you like them!
I am actually somewhat surprised that I did not receive any complaints about the clips knowing the discriminatory nature of this group.  ;D

Thank you all!
Alfred