W113 Pagoda SL Group > Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes

Brake Booster, Master Cylinder & Proportioning Valve rebuilder recommendations

(1/4) > >>

TJMart:
I'm in the process of completely restoring my brakes. I contacted PMB Performance to rebuild my calipers but they do not rebuild other components.  Can anyone recommend someone that can rebuild the booster, master cylinder and proportioning valve? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Hopefully someone that can do all three.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

Vander:
I recently was quoted to rebuild the master cylinder, and it was less money to buy a quality new/rebuilt one off the internet.

roymil:
I found the same case for my master cylinder and just bought a new one and kept the old one around in case I want to rebuild it later...which now that I think, was not the original anyway as it was replaced years before.

I did get PMB to rebuild my rear proportioning valve because it was just like the 914 Porsche valves they do regularly for $179 (a couple years ago, so probably more now).  take a look at the picture on their web site and if yours looks the same then call them.

let us know who you find to do your booster and how it works out.   Thats about the only thing I haven't refurbished yet and I know Ill need  to. thanks,

TJMart:

--- Quote from: roymil on March 25, 2024, 21:57:13 ---I found the same case for my master cylinder and just bought a new one and kept the old one around in case I want to rebuild it later...which now that I think, was not the original anyway as it was replaced years before.

I did get PMB to rebuild my rear proportioning valve because it was just like the 914 Porsche valves they do regularly for $179 (a couple years ago, so probably more now).  take a look at the picture on their web site and if yours looks the same then call them.

let us know who you find to do your booster and how it works out.   Thats about the only thing I haven't refurbished yet and I know Ill need  to. thanks,

--- End quote ---

Mark,

I talked with PMB and they are doing my calipers but they told me they do not do any other rebuilding so that's why I did my post.
I'll update this post with what I find out. Hopefully others will recommend someone.

Thanks

Tony

rwmastel:
Check with White Post in Virginia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version