W113 Pagoda SL Group > Commercial Advertising

Barn find 250sl and 230sl for sale

(1/1)

ctaylor738:
Gernold at SL-Tech has two barn find cars for sale.  Both run and drive but will obviously need some rehab work.  And you know that Gernold will give you honest and expert answers to your questions.

I have no skin in this game, just helping my friend and mentor.

Both cars a located in Maine.

Blue 250SL at Mercedes Heritage, asking $55K.

Red 230SL on Hemmings, asking $45K.

https://mercedesheritage.com/free-classifieds-only-classic-mercedes/show-ad?id=1703

https://www.hemmings.com/listing/1964-mercedes-benz-230sl-674504

Cheers,

CT

DavidAPease:
The 250SL is an early 250SL with a manual transmission, arguably the most desirable of the 113s (at least for those of us who prefer the earlier trim).  If I had room and time for another project...   :P

-David

rwmastel:
Agreed!!  I already have plenty of work to do on this car!

Pinder:
the 230SL is interesting for me purely because its an auto and would make a good daily driver around town.

ctaylor738:
We are visiting family in Boston, and took a trip yesterday to see Gernold at SL Tech in Arundel.  I got a look at the red 230sl.  It is as nice as a barn find gets.  Very complete and original, including seats, carpet and dash pads.  The trunk is outstanding, almost like a new car.  Fenders appear original but no notches.  Hard top and working soft top. The repaint has a couple of areas with cracking but is otherwise presentable.  Chrome is shiny and complete.  It will obviously need tires and a mechanical refresh to become a reliable driver.  Some work to lightly detail the engine compartment would go a long way.   It can own the Survivor Class at club events.

Again, I have no horse in this race.  I would hope that in the hands of an "originalist" owner, this car would be enjoyed.  It would be a shame if it went offshore and came back on Bring a Trailer as yet another over-restored trailer queen.  Or worse, if it went to a flipper for a cheap paint job.

Cheers,

CT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version