W113 Pagoda SL Group > Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes

Dashpot/Damper for 230sl accelerator linkage ?

(1/2) > >>

67230SL-Vinny:
New Old Guy here. 30 year+ owner of 67 230sl

I wish I had joined this Forum a long time ago.
Anyhow....I've searched this site for info on replacement dashpots that dampen the accelerator linkage, making it easier to synchronize RPM for smoother up-shifts.

My dashpot is worn and RPM's just drop too quickly.

Most of the posts here on this topic are older, and replacement sources seem non-existent or crazy priced.
I stumbled across this source today, and wondered if anyone's had experience with it?? Thx  -Vinny

ctaylor738:
Vintage Euro has been around for a while and I have bought a bunch of stuff from them without problems. 

This looks like the part, and the part number is correct. It is cheaper than from other vendors as you will see if you google "Mercedes 0000700867".

Cheers,

CT

cfm65@me.com:
Hi Guys,
My 250SL Auto, converted to 5 speed Getrag, does not have this dashpot damper.
Any comments, suggestions, advice?
Or should I just ignore this anomaly and move on?
Much appreciated.
Regards
Chris
Cape Town

BobH:
Hello, quite a bit written on the subject, such as this

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=22789.msg162912#msg162912

Also described in the technical manual

https://www.sl113.org/wiki/Fuel/Throttle#Dashpot

67230SL-Vinny:
Chuck, Thanks for the reassurance I have the correct part coming for my manual shift 230SL.
Having a properly functioning damper makes it so much easier to match RPM's for smooth shifts. It's been almost 30 years since I replaced mine; it's gotten so weak that RPM's just drop off too quickly even though I've maxed the adjustment to the end of threads.

Bob, the links you provided to the drawings with dimensions and setup very helpful.
Understandably, the automatics apparently use a different vacuum type setup.

Thanks Gents.  Happy Motoring!  -Vinny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version