W113 Pagoda SL Group > W11x chassis cars

280SE heater core

(1/2) > >>

CFF:
My heater core started to leak! What are the options for replacements?

dirkbalter:
Take it to a radiator shop for evaluation, cleaning and worst case core replacement.
Mine did the same. Also, the transmission cooler bracket snapped off and had to re-soldert. These are quality radiators that can usually be repaired at a reasonable cost.   

jKrashnburn:
Back in the day, when this problem emerged on my 190SL, pouring some egg white into the system did the trick!

ja17:
The book time on the job is about 16 hours of labor. Now that time was established when the car was new, by factory trained mechanics, with all the special tools, and in perfect working conditions. Plan on two or three times the labor if it is your first attempt on an old car.  Otherwise check to make sure it is not the heater valve o-rings which can be replaced in the car. The heater valves are behind the ash tray. If it truly is the heater core, try Bar's heavy duty stop leak (brown with little plastic like pellets), scary, but it really works and does not seam to cause any complications.

CFF:
It’s leaking from the pipe that passes through the firewall on the passengers side. If I lay in the footwell and look up I can see it.

Im going to bypass it for now springs not to far away I want to concentrate on getting the car running well for summer.

Next winter I’ll replace it seems like these guys can make a new one.
https://www.thebrassworks.net/collections/heater-cores

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version