W113 Pagoda SL Group > Wanted To Buy

considering a 280SL Automatic to buy

(1/3) > >>

Pinder:
Hi everyone

Ive come to that point where I am looking for a second 280SL to work on. I currently have a 1970 manual. But , as my left knee is not exactly up to original specs, as light as the hydaulic clutch is it still hurts some what; I am looking for an automatic.  It does not have to be perfect or restored because I enjoy working on them so an un-molested example would be best. Im looking for one that is either running or not but has good bones (not a rust bucket, as I dont have good welding skills nor a good welder).

from the one I have and the one I sold, I feel fairly condfident that I can bring another back to life. I enjoy the process but I also need a daily second car for errands around town. Im not able to use my current manual 280L for this anymore without poping some pain killers. Auto is important.

Best Regards

Pinder

johnk:
Why not go in for the knee surgery as needed? I was concerned about shifting for the same issue. Had partial knee replacements and now I am even running with no problems.

JamesL:
And probably cheaper!

mdsalemi:

--- Quote from: JamesL on February 08, 2024, 12:01:37 ---And probably cheaper!

--- End quote ---

Not in the USA!

Pinder:
Some how id like to keep my knees as long as I can; original only once. having an excuse to get another fun project is a lot more appealing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version