W113 Pagoda SL Group > W11x chassis cars

w111 280se speedometer and rev counter rubber retaining rings

(1/2) > >>

dunc1:
Hi.
I'm trying to find replacement rubber retaining rings for the speedo and rev counter on my 1969 280se w111 coupe.
Earlier cars had a bracket and knurled, or wing nut holding them against the back of the binnacle.
The gauges on mine are held into the binnacle by ridged rubber rings that are pressure fit. Mine are a bit crumbly now.
I can't seem to find them at any of sellers - authentic classics, Niemoller etc.
Does anyone know a source ? part #103 in the diagram
Thanks,
Duncan

Pawel66:
This is A 000 542 02 80, available at Mercedes dealers (or Classic Center, I suppose, in the US) for about $25.

wwheeler:
I bought those for my W111. They were black from what I remember and maybe a little harder than the original. Either way they worked just fine. 

dunc1:
Thanks for this info.
I have ordered a pair from classic center - $16.63 each
I'd emailed them last week about the part and they replied it was # 100 000 542 06 56 and "not available"
Thank you for this option
I had been messing with the bulbs/lighting and noticed how crumbly mine are. Hoping to get the leather re-done on the dash and binnacle at some point and it will be nice to have new gaskets too
Cheers,
Duncan

dunc1:
Pleased to know these'll work. I was contemplating hunting for some fine ribbed rubber matting and cutting it down to form a ring - It would have been a mess I'm sure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version