Author Topic: Rear Multi-link Suspension Available for those in Europe  (Read 3234 times)

Jack the Knife

• Senior
  • USA, FL, Vero Beach
After inquiring about the brake adapter from RPR-Motors, they told me about their multi-link suspension upgrade they offer for Pagodas as well as W108s and other cars. Below is a recently-completed car. This might be a good option for those in Europe who would want a truly safe and modern rear suspension in their car. The price I was quoted is 17k Euros, and I was told they do about 4-5 of these a year. They can also fit cars with an air suspension. I imagine these two in conjunction make quite a fine ride. Not even Mechatronik does this. Though it is fitting that the owner of this firm is so innovative, as he left Mechatronik ten years ago to take things a step further. https://rpr-motors.com/48-1-der-R-SL.html

1964 230SL
2015 G550 """Professional"""

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
Re: Rear Multi-link Suspension Available for those in Europe
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 05:17:45 »
Impressive!

Wonder what parts of what cars used.

Too bespoke and you'll have issues finding parts in the future.

Wonder what rear ratios are available?
1970 280SL auto, AC - aka "Edelweiss"

Jack the Knife

• Senior
  • USA, FL, Vero Beach
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 05:43:32 »
Impressive!

Wonder what parts of what cars used.

Too bespoke and you'll have issues finding parts in the future.

Wonder what rear ratios are available?

My understanding is this is all out of a W201. A German ebay seller I bought some engine parts from also had apparently done this at his own shop, and it's a "done thing" in Germany. I'm not sure what they use, but it looks like the following were available for different models at different points: 2.65; 2.87; 3.08; 3.23; 3.27; 3.42; 3.46; 3.64; 3.67; 3.91; 3.92. It appears the 3.46 was most common across the various models/configurations.
1964 230SL
2015 G550 """Professional"""

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 06:14:34 »
In 2006 I had a tour of the Mechatronik facility/warehouse. The chap who showed me around was Carsten Ohlinger…
I’ve a picture somewhere.
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather