Author Topic: Returning after 2 years  (Read 1812 times)

LA280SL

• Junior Level
  • USA, CA, PACIFIC PALISADES
Returning after 2 years
« on: August 02, 2023, 05:33:11 »
Hello,
In late 2020 I took on a 69 280SL to perform a mild renovation on for a recently widowed friend. She moved back to Colorado to be with her family and left the car with me.  I have quite a bit of experience with 65-70 Ford Mustangs, but from what I can tell they are child’s play compared to this beauty!   ;D

I then proceeded to get sick and it knocked me out for some time.  I have regained my health and strength and am very happy to be back in the garage.

I am restarting the disassembling of the interior for cleaning, re dying, new carpet, etc.  First up I will most likely need some advice on removing the upper and lower dash pads as they are pretty bad and need a lot of TLC.  Just beginning to review past posts. 

Thank you all in advance for your expertise. 

Kevin
Pacific Palisades

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
Re: Returning after 2 years
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 13:45:40 »
Kevin,

Welcome to the Group!  Glad your health is returning.  It sounds like you're already using the Search feature on the forum to find info, and I see you have joined as a Full Member, which is great.  You're ahead of the curve for most new members.  We've been on-line for 20 years, so you'll find lots of info you need, and whatever you don't find, just post (in the appropriate board) a question and people will help.

I see you're in the LA area.  There is a "Pagodas and Beers" recurring event, but I can't recall if that is LA or San Diego.  Search that one up for yourself.  Meeting fellow members and seeing their cars is a huge benefit.  There are a lot of members in southern California.
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1980 450SL
1966 230SL

LA280SL

• Junior Level
  • USA, CA, PACIFIC PALISADES
Re: Returning after 2 years
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 17:20:40 »
Rodd,

Thank you for the welcome.  I will check out the Pagodas and Beer thread. 

It's been awhile since I was immersed in a car forum, but I spent many years on the BOSS 302 and FORD GT sites.   I always search out answers to questions before I ask for help, but may miss some!  Met great guys and gals and got a ton of help.  Looking forward to the same here.