Author Topic: Rodd's 230SL mechanical restoration blog  (Read 1062 times)

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
Rodd's 230SL mechanical restoration blog
« on: January 18, 2023, 21:19:03 »
Hello … Pagodaites?   ;)  I will be using this thread to track the mechanical restoration of my Italian delivered 1966 230SL automatic over the next, well, however many months until I deem it "done".  Defining "done" can be a challenge all in itself, because I don't know what might unexpectedly consume my budget and force me into difficult decisions to redefine "done".

Anyway, I plan to lock this thread so only I can post in it.  I know that's counter-intuitive for a discussion forum, but I really just want to use it as a way for me to journal all kinds things related to this journey I'm embarking on without going down rabbit hole discussions.  It's for me to plan and track my progress, and for others to understand what I went through before they embark on something similar for themselves.  I will compile, track, and share technical information.  Experiences with my work, tools, parts, vendors, and more will be outlined.  And, the decisions that I made along the way, and why I think they turned out to be right or wrong, will be recorded here.  My specific problems, challenges, questions, and efforts on individual things will be posted in many, many other threads along the way.  Hopefully, I'll learn enough to be able to contribute to the Tech Manual!  But, this thread will just be an ongoing record of my efforts.  I've never done any blogging or journaling before, so we'll see how this goes!

Thanks in advance to all of you who end up lending knowledge and experience to my upcoming efforts.
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL