Author Topic: Soft Top Lid Wire Adjustment  (Read 1061 times)

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
Soft Top Lid Wire Adjustment
« on: December 28, 2022, 15:08:21 »
I did a search but found nothing and I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this particular problem I am having.  When I pull the handle to open the soft top lid, the drivers side and rear central latch release immediately.  The catch on the passengers side however sometimes doesn't release and I need to go over to that side and pull up on the soft top lid.  I notice the hook holding the soft top lid down and in place (see pic below) on that side doesn't pull back as far as the drivers side when I pull the handle.  How and where do I adjust the wire so it pulls the hook back a bit more?  Or do I adjust the part attached to the soft top lid itself?  Has anyone encountered this before and how did you fix it.  Thanks.

Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

Charles 230SL

• Gold
  • USA, GA, Griffin
  • 64 230SL
Re: Soft Top Lid Wire Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 15:38:27 »
I've got my hardtop on right now so I'll need to use your photo. I adjusted my passenger-side latch several years ago and I adjusted the cable using the circled adjuster. Loosen the (10mm?) nuts and turn the barrel counter clockwise.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 16:21:53 by Charles 230SL »

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
Re: Soft Top Lid Wire Adjustment
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 17:08:59 »
I've got my hardtop on right now so I'll need to use your photo. I adjusted my passenger-side latch several years ago and I adjusted the cable using the circled adjuster. Loosen the (10mm?) nuts and turn the barrel counter clockwise.

Charles, thank you very much.  That worked perfectly.  The passenger side now not only pops up easily but also latches without my having to go around to push that side down.  The barrel is 8mm for anyone that wants to adjust their own.
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed