Author Topic: Mercedes rebuilt harness with embedded alarm system  (Read 2492 times)

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Mercedes rebuilt harness with embedded alarm system
« on: August 31, 2022, 17:43:53 »
Dear friends

I know that many of you are reluctant to install an alarm system on their loved classic cars, because of the looks, and originality arguments.

I as you can imagine, balance other aspects to sustain my recommendation.

Of course I also would be against it if that modifies in a careless manner the wiring harness…..

But..   these classic cars are so easy to start without a key, that I think “is better to have it correctly installed than having nothing …..   car thieves are there, not only in lawless countries.

So see this job and judge yourself.

The system is fully embedded on the main harness, everything carefully installed.  Not even one splice made to the main harness.

Connections for alarm are taken most of them directly at fuse box via a separated terminal screwed on it.

Fuel pump line is replaced for a new one making a lace trough a fuel cut off relay installed on the bracket that holds steering switch terminal and instrument cluster connector. 

The relay used is an original cube Mercedes style relay that looks as being part of the car original design.

I produce a jumper for the relay for the possible event of a failure.

As siren,  can be used a tiny one as shown here which can be placed under the battery tray at the engine bay, or if you do not want a siren the original car horn can be used instead. That means more work but can be done, since an array of relays should be used together with a honk pulse generator.

This alarm is triggered by vibration, door opening and energy consumption.  Optionally can be added a ground switch for hood or trunk to also trigger the alarm because of them.

The alarm status led and programming button are hidden with easy hand access below the steering column.

If the alarm is triggered many times by one of the three sensors in a period of 30 min, that zone /sensor is automatically bypassed so that the neighbors are not disturbed.

If you pass the ignition switch to the on position, and the alarm is active, the fuel reserve indicator will turn on to remember you that fuel is cut off.

So if an alarm is well installed I am not against  it.

Best regards
L.Peterssen

BartSt

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Re: Mercedes rebuilt harness with embedded alarm system
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 19:57:54 »
Leo, absolutely brilliant!!!

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Re: Mercedes rebuilt harness with embedded alarm system
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 20:23:14 »
Bart

Super thanks for that comment

Best regards
L.Peterssen

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Most efficient shipping method to Venezuela
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 16:41:51 »
Dear Friends

As freight cost to Venezuela its a major concern when shipping your harnesses to me, I have now perfected the method so that it represents a minimal cash out.

1. Ship your used wiring harness to Miami Florida, to this address. It cost around 65$ per UPS

HM LOGISTICS
Alejandra Blanco/PETERSSEN
8101 NW 68TH ST Miami, FL. Zip: 33166
Phone: 305 718 9959

2. Send me the tracking number per email indicating carrier: L.peterssen@me.com

3. The Cargo will go to Venezuela per sea freight and it takes 3 weeks. This sea freight will cost around 50$

4. Your harness is received and repaired in 7 working days.

5. Finished wiring harness is sent per DHL to you in USA costing an average of 420$+insurance (55$)

6. Travel time to USA PER DHL takes between 7 days to 15 depending on customs authorities speed at the exports office.

Here a work just finished

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0Q5VtHQfbNJuE

Best regards
L.peterssen
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 11:03:08 by lpeterssen »