Author Topic: Recommend Taillight Supplier  (Read 2202 times)

thomas wright

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Recommend Taillight Supplier
« on: May 16, 2022, 05:46:41 »
Hi All.

I need your help with this problem.
I have just purchased a pair of repro Taillight assemblies for my 1969 280SL from a company in Germany that have not met my expectations for quality or function when it comes to stopping water ingress.

The lens is separate from the chrome surround with gaps all around and the gasket doesn't sit in a position on the lens to make a seal.

I have not fitted them to my car as it is under restoration and I am considering returning them for a refund .

The BIG question is does anybody have first hand experience of who supplies the BEST reproduction Taillights Assemblies out all the suppliers of this product.
I have tried to find the names of the various manufacturers to make a comparison but to no avail as the supplier's doesn't want to give me that information, so in the dark .

Any help is gratefully received.

Thanks

Tom

bostjan@lampic.si

• Junior Level
  • Slovenia, Ljubljana, Ljubljana
Re: Recommend Taillight Supplier
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 18:59:11 »
Hi,

a was facing the same problem. I have returned the lights back and taken new from classic-mercedes-parts.com . They also have a gap on sealing but after fixing the lights on the car they are perfeclty aligned.

Regards

thomas wright

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 21:25:21 »
Hi bostjan,
I assume that you returned the first set of taillights to the supplier and then purchase another set from Classic Merc.

My question is we're they the same brand of light from both suppliers or different and which seemed to be the best quality of finish and fit.

thanks

tom

bostjan@lampic.si

• Junior Level
  • Slovenia, Ljubljana, Ljubljana
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 09:39:08 »
There is no supplier written . It is dificult to say but it is almost half year and lights are still on right position and waterproof.
Regards