Author Topic: Charlotte (NC, USA) Area "Meet and Greet"  (Read 3382 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Charlotte (NC, USA) Area "Meet and Greet"
« on: August 06, 2021, 14:20:25 »
At last count, we have about 50 members of the Pagoda SL Group in North Carolina, and not surprisingly a number of those are in and around the greater Charlotte area. As this is my new home, and we are now getting "out and about" after more than a year of relative isolation, I decided to put together a "meet and greet" so those in the area can meet each other, see the cars, talk about what they need or want to do on them, and then go have a lunch.

I'm hoping this is a precursor to larger state-wide gatherings where we also mix with those in other parts of the state, a large number of them in the "Triangle" area of Raleigh-Durham and surrounding areas, in 2022.

Thus, I've made arrangements to meet at the parking lot of The Barcelona Burger and Beer Garden, 500 South Main Street, Mooresville, NC 28115. Saturday morning, 10AM, September 25. We can meet each other, talk about our cars, and then retire to The Barcelona for Charlotte's best burger (as they tell us).

As is true for any and all our events, "official" or ad hoc as may be, everyone is welcome.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

TJMart

• Silver
  • USA, NC, Matthews
Re: Charlotte (NC, USA) Area "Meet and Greet"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 16:12:41 »
Michael,

Looking forward to it!

Tony
Tony
1970 280SL, 4 Speed

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 22:29:25 »
It's always better when you can put names to faces and "handles"...

That's why the larger events (this is just a meet and greet) like the PUB events of the past, the PagodaFest in 2019, and more, are so much fun and rewarding.
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 18:02:33 »
Just a reminder that the upcoming meet and greet in the Charlotte area (Mooresville, North Carolina) is one week from today.
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 15:40:36 »
We had a great turnout for this meet and greet. Didn't know it when I set the date, but it was the same date/time as the LKN Cars and Coffee which is an informal once a month gathering of cars. Mostly new cars, lots of loud and loutish Mopar nonsense (they really like to one-up each other on who has the loudest car); plenty of Mustangs and Corvettes. Hey, what can I say? We were in Mooresville, a/k/a "Race City" and home of everything NASCAR. There was an occasional BMW in there, some of them very nice. The head organizer of the LKN (which stands for Lake Norman) came down to speak with us (we were a bit away from the crowds) and asked us to come again next month, and he'd reserve spots for us "front and center". He said "we don't normally get cars like yours (collectively) here" and wanted to give us a place to "shine" for the public. So, that we'll do!

After 2 hours of learning and seeing all the cars (they ALL looked spectacular!) we repaired to Alino's Pizza for lunch.  Mark's car is a work in progress so be brought his AMG instead. Lori's car was giving her a couple of small fits and rather than risk getting a tow ride, she and her husband took the daily driver. Listening to her stories of her getting her car back in ship-shape so she can drive it reliably, she can wrench with the best of us, taking on tasks that not everyone does themselves.

Seeing even these few cars, the paint all looked amazing. The colors show the rich palette that MB once offered.

Showing up on Saturday:

Glenn Fiscus, originator of the term PUB!
Michael Salemi
TJMart
LorSar
Avery
RussellJones
Michael Walker
Mark Spencer

I may have missed one or two...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 15:51:04 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 19:02:42 »
So nice to get together and as you say, put faces to names and humanise the forum

We chatted over the weekend about how (modern German?) cars all seem to be monochrome
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 14:39:21 »

Yes James,
You're so true.
 :) ;)
It was a pleasure!

Best,
Achim
(Germany)

mmizesko

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Gold
  • USA, OH, New Albany
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 17:10:38 »
Nice job.  It is my hope that many of these mini regional events can occur post covid....

While the Club is focused on our beautiful cars, the Club is really about the People.

Mike Mizesko
1970 280SL 291H Dark Olive