Author Topic: Engine Bay Decal Placement  (Read 3283 times)

TJMart

• Silver
  • USA, NC, Matthews
Engine Bay Decal Placement
« on: July 17, 2021, 17:45:10 »
I am finishing my decal install and had a couple of questions. Based on what I could find in the Star magazine, Bob Geco's article in issue #6 of Pagoda World and the You Tube Video in the Technical Manual, I was trying to confirm from others that may have these decals on their cars already.

1) My 280 SL calls for a M 130 engine decal that should be placed on the right side of the valve cover but no clear advice as to exactly where on the valve cover it should go. A pic would be great. (See Photo)

2) The 2 decals that are placed on the emission boxes in the engine compartment should have the "Connection Scheme" one on the box closest to the engine right side up and the "Wiring Scheme" one should be placed on the box nearest the fender upside down. . (See photo)
That seems a bit strange to me but Will Samples video shows it that way. I just wanted to confirm from others that have also done it that way or have an original decal showing it that way.   

Many Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 14:59:26 by TJMart »
Tony
1970 280SL, 4 Speed

MikeSimon

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, North Royalton
Re: Engine Bay Decal Placement
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 20:14:01 »
I can help with the valve cover decal as remnants of the original are still on my cover
1970/71 280SL Automatic
Sandy Beige
Parchment Leather
Power Steering
Automatic
Hardtop
Heated Tinted Rear Window
German specs
3rd owner

Shvegel

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, OH, Cleveland Heights
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 05:12:31 »
I was just going to use a picture of Mike’s valve cover I took a few years ago. Mike saved me the trouble.  Here is a picture of the relay decals.  Since the mounting ears are attached to the same plate one will look backwards when viewed from the side.

Jonny B

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, San Marcos
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 15:10:49 »
Agree on what Svegel indicates for the metallic relay stickers.

For others  - a point to note, this is for a 4-speed manual. The stickers/relays for the automatic versions are different.
Jonny B
1967 250 SL Auto, DB 568
1970 280 SL Auto, DB 904
1966 Morris Mini Minor