Author Topic: **** SOLD ****  (Read 610 times)

Box-doctor

• Vendor
  • Junior Level
  • United Kingdom, England, Worksop
**** SOLD ****
« on: February 27, 2021, 10:51:15 »
So, can I please introduce myself first: I'm Neil & I run a company called All Gears in The U.K.

For a very long time I have been rebuilding pretty much any manual gearbox that came my way, the business has always had a healthy 50/50 split between classic & modern work.

In recent years I've begun to consider my options as I creep ever closer to retirement age & I've decided it's not for me, I enjoy my work way too much to stop & with no one to carry on the business I've made a decision.... I've purchased new business premises to enable me to concentrate on my passion within the business: classic cars gearboxes.

Now many years ago I was lucky to be involved with 2 gentlemen: Eddie Mander & Mark Turnbull who decided to make up the components to fit the Getrag 262 gearbox into the Pagoda, my roll was to rebuild the gearboxes for the kits that Eddie built up using the kit manufactured by Mark & eventually sold. As a result of this & my connections with the classic Jaguar world I've been rebuilding Getrags for about 25 years & that equates to thousands of gearboxes.

So, a couple of years ago I was approached by a customer to supply a kit for his clients' car & a deal was struck. Now unfortunately I wasn't able to get everything together in the timescale he wanted & the customer made alternative arrangements. But I had already bought the adapter plate etc..from Mark Turnbull & so I decided to carry on building the kit & sell it.

So here we are, the kit is still available & in stock ready to go:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Pagoda-W111-W113-5-Sp-Gearbox-Conversion-Rebuilt-BMW-Getrag-262-265-/264623444759

The only part I have still yet to acquire is the front part of a suitable BMW propshaft that a purchaser will need to have attached to their Mercedes propshaft, but I believe I will have that in my possession in about a weeks time. Other than that it's in stock & ready to go.

I'm sure many of you will know that this is a tried & tested conversion, having been carried out many times around the world & very well documented. The full fitting instructions however are included.

Please contact me through this forum or directly through my business for any more information or advice.

Manythanks for looking - Neil.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:02:52 by Box-doctor »

Box-doctor

• Vendor
  • Junior Level
Re: Reconditioned Getrag 262 5 speed conversion kit.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 16:06:25 »
***Update***

I now have in my possession the final piece - the necessary propshaft part.

Thanks.

Box-doctor

• Vendor
  • Junior Level
Re: Reconditioned Getrag 262 5 speed conversion kit.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 14:20:54 »
**** Deposit now taken ****

Box-doctor

• Vendor
  • Junior Level
Re: **** SOLD ****
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 08:03:48 »
Now sold & left the building for it's new life in Glasgow.

Thanks for your interest......