Author Topic: It has been a while  (Read 1107 times)

49er

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, El Dorado Hills
It has been a while
« on: August 07, 2022, 22:04:51 »
 I have been absent from this forum for a while now and thought it was about time to check in. After 22 years of living in our home in Placerville it was time to move to a smaller place for just the 2 of us. It was a large home sitting on 4 acres and was a lot of work to maintain so this past December we purchased a home under construction in a “55 and older” community down the hill about 17 miles from where we lived, it was completed in June and now we are settling in, slowly, and adjusting to a different way of life. It only has a 2 car garage so the 2 Mercedes are happy (the Camry not so much). It is still sort of “in the country” so there are nice quiet roads to drive our Pagoda on and less deer too! We had a car show here this past week for the residents and about 40 cars  showed up. Mine was the only Mercedes. There were a few “old” cars (MG, Land rover, ’60 corvette, 52 chevy Bel Air and a 56 TBird). The other cars were either hot rods, muscle cars or modern Corvettes. Our SL was stuck over in the corner and it took a while for folks to wonder over. The car soon attracted a good gathering after I popped the hood and told the story of the car and my ownership. That was the first “Car Show” it had ever been too and I think it blushed a bit. Navigator and I are doing well and will be anxious to get that hard top off again as soon as I finagle someone to come help get the hoist put up in the garage. Hope all well with you all too.

John
1969 280SL 003820
Un Restored, All Original, including the paint
Original Owner, Purchased September 18, 1968
4 speed manual, PS. 77217 miles
7280 miles since awoken from her 20+ yr "nap" in 2010

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
Re: It has been a while
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 23:52:01 »
Welcome back. 
We did a similar move off acreage two years ago.  Miss the open paddocks but nice to wander up the street for a coffee and pastry.  Luckily I was able to build a special garage to have the Pagoda in with hoist for both car and HT.
Garry
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Todd

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • USA, SoCal
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 00:22:39 »
Welcome home!  Beautiful 1 owner car!
Todd

lreppond

• Gold
  • USA, CA, San Leandro
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 00:54:58 »
El Dorado Hills is a lovely community!  I have friends there, Folsom and Camino.  I’m always impressed by the level that people maintain their property there.  Glad you made the move to something more easily managed.   Hopefully you will find more time to enjoy your beautiful car! 
~Len

1971 280 SL
576G red/251 Beige
4 speed manual
Family owned since new (father —> son)