Author Topic: Engine Detail  (Read 4871 times)

bwiele

Re: Engine Detail
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 14:22:57 »
Hi -

I've been trying to find your write-up in the technical manual but I haven't found it.  Could you give me some pointers on where to find it?  Or maybe post your document here for everyone's benefit?

Many thanks.

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 15:30:30 »
If you mean the article on refurbishing relays, that is here: https://www.sl113.org/wiki/Electrical/RefurbishRelay

As far as I know there is no comprehensive guide on engine bay detailing. If one of the posters in this thread has details, instructions or photographs, please add them to the Tech Manual.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Shvegel

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, OH, Cleveland Heights
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2020, 19:35:11 »
Dan,
Currently crossing the Atlantic by boat.  Wil text photos when I can move more data.  The more I look at you car the more I would be inclined to leave it alone.  For a 280 that is a really clean engine compartment that is original and the car just may be worth more the way it is.  A couple things like clamps, spark plug wires, distributor cover etc need to be remedied but small stuff overall.  You might want to source a metal coolant overflow bottle since there are very few plastic ones available and you might want to take it off and preserve it in case you do show the car as original.   As an aside SAVE EVERYTHING that comes off the car.  So many times during restoration or repair hard to find items are tossed away.