Author Topic: Changes in Membership Access to the Forum and Technical Manual  (Read 5146 times)

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee

For over ten years the $30 price of Full Membership has not changed and will not do so for the foreseeable future. This has been achieved through good management and direction by current and past fully volunteer Pagoda Group Boards. Funds collected are used to pay the cost of hosting the Forum and Technical Manual, producing and distributing the collectable Pagoda World magazine twice a year and insurances considered necessary as an incorporated body in the USA. We wish to thank all our Full Members for their continued financial support to enable this Group to continue.

This is outstanding value for the price of ten coffees a year and we have and will continue to encourage our Associate Members and guests to consider joining as Full Members to give us the financial support needed to continue.

The Board is in the process of reviewing what Full Members get for their on going financial support and what additional benefits we could provide to them such as access to videos of basic repair and servicing functions etc. This review will continue for some months and some changes to functionality and access to both Full and Associate Members are still being considered.

As part of this process, from this point forward, Associate Members will NOT be able to access the majority of the Technical Manual.  Those pages in our Technical Manual with the ® sign will be reserved for Full Members only and will apply to all future content added to the Technical Manual. To access the Technical Manual you will need to be logged in.

Many questions asked by Members on the Forum are often cross referred to the Technical Manual which will in future require Associates and Guests to become Full Members to access and the Board would ask our Full Members to encourage Associates and Guests to support the Group by joining to gain the access enjoyed by Full Members.

Your Pagoda Group Board
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 01:05:36 by Garry »
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Changes in Membership Access to the Forum and Technical Manual
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 08:58:22 »
If you are a Full Member, and want access to all of the Technical Manual, the procedure is as follows:
After that you will have access to everything. Associate members and guests (and Google etc) will NOT be able to access the pages with the ® sign.

If associate or non-full members access a restricted page, they will get a log-in page.  Trying to log in on the wiki (the Technical Manual) does not work.

Peter (Webmaster)
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Merc_Girl

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Godalming
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 23:00:12 »
Fully concur with your sentiments!

You can’t go into a sweetie shop and expect to get free sweets 🤣

I personally don’t use the Tech Manual that much and usually use the forum. However I’m aware it take time, effort and monies to run such an efficient resource. After all, if you own a pagoda, you need to have a few pennies to keep it going, so contributing such a small amount each year certainly represents good value for money for me!

Keep up the good work!!!
230SL

Tomnistuff

• Gold
  • Canada, Qc, Levis
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 02:33:19 »
When I found this site, i had owned, neglected and abused my Pagoda for 25 years already.  That was 11 years ago.  I don't remember when I became a full member, but it was maybe at the beginning.  When I joined, I knew nothing about my car, although I was an experienced automotive engineer at Ford in Dearborn, Michigan when I bought it.  When I think back, I realize that $330.00 is pretty cheap for all that full membership offered me for those 11 years.
Thank you all for 11 really enjoyable and productive years.  Hopefully, with my new Pacemaker, I'll outlive Covid-19 and have a few more PUBs and maybe even another Meeting of the Clans.
Tom Kizer
Quebec
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 15:41:05 by Tomnistuff »
Apparently late 1966 230SL 4-spd manual (Italian Version)
Owned since 1987 and wrapping up a full rotisserie restoration/modernization.
Was: Papyrus White 717G with Turquoise MBtex 112 and Kinderseat
Is: Dark Blue 332G with Dark Blue Leather (5300, I think)

Benz Dr.

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Port Lambton
  • Benz Dr.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 04:53:35 »
When I found this site, i had owned, neglected and abused my Pagoda for 25 years already.  That was 11 years ago.  I don't remember when I became a full member, buy it was maybe at the beginning.  When I joined, I knew nothing about my car, although I was an experienced automotive engineer at Ford in Dearborn, Michigan when I bought it.  When I think back, I realize that $330.00 is pretty cheap for all that full membership offered me for those 11 years.
Thank you all for 11 really enjoyable and productive years.  Hopefully, with my new Pacemaker, I'll outlive Covid-19 and have a few more PUBs and maybe even another Meeting of the Clans.
Tom Kizer
Quebec

The site works well and when I started working on MB cars over 40 years ago there was nothing like this resource around back then. You were really on your own back then.

We will have another Meeting of the Clans when things clear up. Not this year but maybe next year. I have to say that it really was nice having all of my buds over for a visit that day; all of whom were met on this forum. Those friendships and acquaintances are worth far more to me than anything else.
1966 230SL 5 speed, LSD, header pipes, 300SE distributor, ported, polished and balanced, AKA  ''The Red Rocket ''
Dan Caron's SL Barn

1970  3.5 Coupe
1961  190SL
1985   300CD  Turbo Coupe
1981  300SD
2013  GMC  Sierra
1965  230SL
1967 250SL
1970 280SL
1988 560SEC