Author Topic: Veterama  (Read 1870 times)

Desertpagoda

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • USA, AZ, Tucson
Veterama
« on: August 04, 2020, 00:40:19 »
Does anyone have the inside skinny on Veterama fall 2020? I am on their website/mailing list, but cant tell if will occur?
kb

Peter

• Silver
  • Netherlands, North Brabant, Helmond
Re: Veterama
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:24:55 »
I have no special inside, but big events like Veterama are still not allowed in Germany/Baden-Wuerttemberg.

For updated information you can check the Corona site of Baden-Wuerttrmberg.

https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/en/service/aktuelle-infos-zu-corona/aktuelle-corona-verordnung-des-landes-baden-wuerttemberg/

^Peter

hansr433

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • Italy, Tuscany, Torrita di Siena
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 08:51:44 »
According to the government website events with more than 500 attendees are banned until October 31, 2020.  Unless this changes, which frankly is doubtful, Veterama will not be taking place.  Shame, as I would loved to go as well.
Hans
1963 220SE Cabrio (Exterior: Navy MB 332, Top: Haarz Navy, Interior: 482P Sahara Beige)
1963 BMW R69S

Jonny B

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, San Marcos
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 14:51:11 »
I was curious and googled "Veterama" their website indicates that the event has been canceled.
https://www.veterama.de/en/
Jonny B
1967 250 SL Auto, DB 568
1970 280 SL Auto, DB 904
1966 Morris Mini Minor

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 11:17:11 »
Actually, that notice refers to the April event, not the fall event. What they said about that on the 8th of June was:

To all of you who, like us, are concerned about our shared hobby. Dear friends of VETERAMA, A great many major events have been cancelled at the moment, but things are beginning to relax which gives us hope. There are still five months until the second weekend in October. There is a light at the end of the tunnel that we are currently driving through and we hope that it will lead us to a “golden October”. We have already received a large number of registrations from our exhibitors which is a sign of confidence.
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Jonny B

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, San Marcos
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 14:54:11 »
Oh my gosh! Sorry about my error.

And thanks Peter for correcting it!
Jonny B
1967 250 SL Auto, DB 568
1970 280 SL Auto, DB 904
1966 Morris Mini Minor

Peter

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 09:10:46 »
Just recieved:

VETERAMA MANNHEIM
"HOPE IS KNOWN TO DIE LAST"
Dear Veterama friends,

Today we would like to give you a short interim report on the current difficult situation of Veterama.

The city of Mannheim has not yet been able to approve our Veterama due to the current state and federal regulations.

Even football matches are not allowed to take place in front of a larger audience.

Unfortunately, the number of infections is currently rising again and the vacation period has not yet ended. There could therefore be other negative changes.

We have therefore decided to make a final decision on September 1st, 2020, which takes into account all the risks that are evident at this point in time. We will then inform you about this decision immediately.

Until then we wish you good health.

family Seidel

Peter

• Silver
VETERAMA MANNHEIM 2020 CANCELED
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 09:22:25 »
Just received:

VETERAMA MANNHEIM 2020 CANCELED

Dear VETERAMA friends,

it is difficult for us to convey this message. But we are of the opinion that as an organizer of such a large event you also have a great responsibility. Above all towards our exhibitors and visitors, as well as our staff and all service providers.

More than a third of the VETERAMA scene travels from abroad. In part even from "risk countries and areas".
At least half of all those who come to VETERAMA are of the so-called risk age.

The authorities responsible for approving this major event have made a clear statement that major events are prohibited up to and including December 31, 2020.

But even if we had received a permit to carry it out with all the associated conditions, VETERAMA would not be feasible from the current perspective.

VETERAMA with protective masks, maybe possible, we already have design templates ...
VETERAMA with minimum distance?
VETERAMA with limited exhibitor spaces?
VETERAMA with a limited number of visitors?

No! That would no longer be our happy VETERAMA character the way we have built the event together since 1975.

VETERAMA was and is the CULT EVENT of the screwdriver scene and VETERAMA should definitely stay that way. Casual, happy and unique.

We hope that we will have survived this terribly stressful corona pandemic next year and maybe we will even be able to add an additional summer date for two unusual VETERAMA events to our VETERAMA calendar.

Stay healthy and if possible, despite this news, be in a positive mood for our future together.

Lovely wishes

Your Seidel family