Author Topic: One of our own on NBC Nightly News  (Read 1431 times)

mmizesko

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Gold
  • USA, OH, New Albany
One of our own on NBC Nightly News
« on: April 01, 2020, 12:14:09 »
One of our members and fellow Pagoda Enthusiasts was interviewed on the NBC EVENING NEWS tonight about the Corona Virus COVID-19.

We recognize Dr. James (Eddie) Black as a hero in helping his community of Athens, Georgia, putting his own life on the line in the Emergency Room there.

We are proud of you. 

I'm sure there are other Pagoda Heroes in this fight.  Please let us all know who they are!

Regards,

Mike Mizesko
1970 280SL 291H Dark Olive

Jonny B

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, San Marcos
Re: One of our own on NBC Nightly News
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 14:48:02 »
OMG, that is awesome! I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Dr.Black at PagodaFest San Diego and at PUB Virginia.

He is probably too busy to be seeing this now. So posting my kudos to him here, that he will see later.

A hero indeed!
Jonny B
1967 250 SL Auto, DB 568
1970 280 SL Auto, DB 904
1966 Morris Mini Minor

wjsvb

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • USA, VA, Virginia Beach
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 19:15:27 »
Certainly a shout-out to Eddie Black, and also to Jim Rosenthal, another Member who is an ER doc!  Our best to you both and to any others among us who are doing so much for us all now!
jon

67 250SL early
12 Jeep GC (gone but not missed)
69 300SEL 6.3 Euro project (gone but not forgotten)
81 280SL Euro 4spd

Aaron h

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 20:37:07 »
I can't imagine the world we'd live in without fellas like Eddie and Jim.  Brave souls, indeed.  I'd like to echo those same sentiments to any others on here that are in the medical field, or any other field for this matter, that requires them to continue to be around the public so much helping others.  My own Mother and Father are both in the medical field, and both have to expose themselves on a daily basis.  I worry to death about them, as they're both right at retirement age.  Still, like Jim and Eddie, they, and many others, are fighting the fight for the world.  All of them are unsung heroes, and I'm honored to be in the presence of people like Jim and Eddie, as well as my own parents and any others on here that risk their lives daily.  No amount of gratitude could even begin to scratch the surface of how thankful I am.  Thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.