Author Topic: Original MB text cream 121 material and original square weave carpeting  (Read 2129 times)

perry113

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, NY, Rensselaer
    • http://picasaweb.google.com/peterperry911113/1970280SECoupe#
My barn find is proudly back on the road. It has not been drivable since I believe the early 80's.
It still has the original MB text color cream 121 and original matching carpeting.
I want to keep it all original. The gauge binnacle mb text is a little fried and there are 2 small areas on the driver seat that need creative repair.  A few area of carpeting need repair.
I am looking anyone that might an original interior carpet or coverings that are matching.
I am interested if anyone might have anything in their archives.
Let me know.
Peter
peterperry911113@gmail.com.
Peter Perry
1970 911T Bahia Red
1972 911T Albert Blau
1963 220seb coupe barn
1965 230SL Light Ivory automatic
1966 230SL Havana Brown 4 speed Barn Find
1970 280SE living 3.5 donor car

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
If you are looking for seat belts, here is a shot of my 121 interior, showing the original lap belts (likely dealer installed) from 1966.  I think that they are similar in style to the "green" ones you have been seeking for your coupe. Like your sister car, my 230SL's interior is original, but the carpet was replaced when the original owner gave up driving at age 85 and was offering it for sale in 1989.

Check with your a local dealerships and find out who their used car departments use for interior repairs.  A good interior guy can do wonders with the tears in the seats and may be able to re-color the dash coverings as well.  Square weave carpet may be more difficult, but, again, I've seen interior guys perform some pretty amazing magic on trashed interiors in my 40 years in the car business!
- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)