Author Topic: Idea for the forum...Cars for Sale section?  (Read 2315 times)

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
Idea for the forum...Cars for Sale section?
« on: June 24, 2019, 20:31:08 »
I know, sorry, only been an active member for what...a week?

However, I think having a section like that, like other boards I'm on, can be quite interesting.

This section, not only includes YOUR OWN car for sale, but also others, like on Hemmings, Ebay, Russo&Steel, BringATrailer, etc. that we can all have a discussion on.

For example, there's a current W113 on BAT that would be interesting to have a thread on:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-mercedes-benz-280sl-12/

What do you think?
1970 280SL auto, AC - aka "Edelweiss"

Peter

• Silver
  • Netherlands, North Brabant, Helmond
Re: Idea for the forum...Cars for Sale section?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 21:01:48 »
I prefer to discuss technical issues as we do on this forum, I’m not interested in lengthy discussion on the possible price of a Pagoda only looking to pictures.

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton
  • Audit Committee
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 21:57:19 »
I agree with Peter.  The insistent chatter about how much a car is worth and if it is good value and how much more it’s worth etc etc depresses me and the higher the value goes the more depressed i get as i know the cost to maintain it will proportionately increase to the value of the car and not the cost of living and the higher the value gets the less likely i m to take it down to the local mall as i become nervous about parking it in a “safe” place.

There is already a place for Members to list their car for sale or even wanted to buy.

I fitted an alarm system to the car recently just before i shipped it to the USA as i have some concern that someone there will decide they want it more than i do when i am driving around the States on my way to Pagodafest..
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 00:09:40 »
I understand (sorta).

However, there are a LOT of technical information one can gleen from cars for sale.

Such as, "what would cause that water stain on the soft top" to "is that the correct whatever" or "did you see that so and so?  Never seen that before".

It's actually very useful information if you view it from that perspective.

Paul & Dolly

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, Wales, CARDIFF
  • i Car
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 08:10:43 »
I agree with Peter and Garry, this site is great for technical and social aspects of ownership,which are world wide ..
 I see no need to add a chatterbox section about potential values and money which is generally area dependant. .There are plenty of sites around that cover that sort of local country info .

Paul
Paul (located in Cardiff - Wales - UK)
1967 Early 250 SL (Auto) White
Mitsubishi i Car
Toyota RAV 4  Hybrid AWD
1936 Alvis Firebird (Gone............)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 14:35:38 »
I agree as well with Peter, Garry and Paul. Our forum and site is well structured with forum sections that cover all the needs for Pagoda owners. A separate section for “Cars for Sale and discussions on this subject” is well represented here in our forum sections “items for sale & items wanted”

No need to add any more sections as Has been mentioned. The sites founding fathers have covered everything we need in my humble opinion!

There are plenty of sites were one can find Pagoda’s for sale such as The Classic Centre, Buds Benz, Bring a Trailer, eBay, dedicated Facebook SL and Pagoda Sections etc and our own Forum Area “Items For Sale”,

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Iconic

• Platinum
  • USA, IL, Highland Park
  • ex-Membership Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 16:11:46 »
teahead,
Welcome to the group. I've read from your other posts you got a great deal on your "new" Pagoda.
Congrats !!
You are always welcome to post a thread asking a question like, "Did you see this BaT car? (with a link probably). What would cause the water stain on the soft top shown in Picture #57?"

Plenty of people will take you seriously and answer your question, of course you might have to put up with someone stating ......   "water".    ;D   That will NOT be me.  8)
Take care and enjoy the ride.
Mark
1970 280 SL Automatic, USA version, Grey-Blue (906G/906G), Blue leather (245)
1968 SS396 Camaro Convertible (owned since 1977 -- my first car :D)
1984 Porsche Euro Carrera coupe, LSD, SlateBlueMet/Blue
1998 BMW M-Rdstr Estoril Blue
1970 280 SL Automatic, Anthracite Grey-173G, Red Interior-132 - sold

RobSirg

• Gold
  • Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 15:00:12 »
Great reply Mark

Keep those posts coming Teahead! - your enthusiasm is contagious and reminds me of when I first got my Pagoda / found this forum.

p.s - I do feel I am being offensive calling you "Teahead".  Feel free to give us your Christian name :)
1969 280SL Auto RHD 906G,  H'top 387H, Parchm't
1970 280SL Man. RHD Dark Red 542G, Bamboo MB Tex
1962 E Type Jag BRG with Tan
1974 White Alfa Spider 2000
2023 Range Rover
1982 280TE (my daily)
1967 Alfa Spider ("Duetto") Red
1977 Yellow 911 Targa
1991 Nissan Figaro
1959 190SL Black
1970 300SEL 3.5

teahead

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, WA, Des Moines
  • aka "Rob"
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 16:29:13 »
Great reply Mark

Keep those posts coming Teahead! - your enthusiasm is contagious and reminds me of when I first got my Pagoda / found this forum.

p.s - I do feel I am being offensive calling you "Teahead".  Feel free to give us your Christian name :)

Hah!  Sure thing.

I changed my Avatar signature (if that's what you call it) to say "aka 'Rob'" to make things easier.

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 21:51:49 »
Hah!  Sure thing.

I changed my Avatar signature (if that's what you call it) to say "aka 'Rob'" to make things easier.

Hi Rob, if you want your name to appear at the bottom of your posts, you should add it to your signature line rather than to your avatar.  Go to "Profile," then "Forum Profile," then add to the text in the "Signature" section.  When done click the "Change Profile" button in the lower right corner of the page.
- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)