W113 Pagoda SL Group > Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes

WRD and cold idle

<< < (2/10) > >>

FresnoBob:
I'm in Chicago this week, but will try this on Friday and report back.  Just for my understanding, how do you increase the fuel / air ratio as I clearly have lots of air coming through the WRD air filter? 

ja17:
The WRD air passage should(shut-off (or nearly close) after the engine reaches 180 F. Check this first.

FresnoBob:
Hi Joe,
I have checked that the WRD shuts off when warm and I can't detect any air coming through the air inlet. 

Benz Dr.:
Assuming that the sliding valve is free to move up or down I'd say it sounds like you're too lean. If you can't move your idle mixture knob in much farther you could try adding a very thin shim under your barometric compensator. A half turn out could make all of the difference.

wwheeler:
 I have been reading this and I think I understand what you are wanting. It sounds like the air flows into the WRD air filter when cold and shuts off when hot. That would mean to me that the air slide valve is moving and that the thermostat is also functioning.

Is what you are wanting to change is only at idle when cold? It sounds like it runs fine when warm? If so, the oval shims under the housing will do that. Add shims to make more rich and less to lean. But first as Joe mentioned, you need to know if it is rich or lean now. Do the linkage test when cold and at idle. Once you know that, hopefully changing oval shims to get you where you want to be. If the shims have no effect, there is something else wrong. Changing shims of .005” to .008” thick in the right direction, should have a noticeable effect.

Good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version