W113 Pagoda SL Group > General Discussion

Calling the Experts!! Question About Pricing for 1971 280SL

<< < (3/3)

specracer:
Im FAR from an expert compared to this group, but Im thinking your at a good number to get the car to a new home. Asking more, while you might get it, you just might be waiting longer. You have some huge advantages, one owner, manual, nicely equipped, and seems very rust free (relatively speaking). You should add undercarriage pictures.

As others have said, you should get the car sorted, and running to maximize your sale price. I might also suggest considering Bring a Trailer. They have done a really good job differentiating their cars that they represent (like keying in on the single ownership). 

Great car! Good luck with the sale!

MikeSimon:
There are two later 280SLs on BaT right now and while bidding is still going on, the prices are not really where you would expect them to be.

Chris_ATL:
I saw this on reddit and that you were directed over to here... I would think the cross over between reddit and this forum is pretty small :-)

As others have said, I would think that your price looks a little low for a desirable 4-speed with 1 owner... but the market is strange. I would say take a look at the ones sold on BaT and the quality of the pictures and see if you want to go through that process.

Best of luck. beautiful car

Iconic:

--- Quote from: MikeSimon on May 17, 2019, 11:39:27 ---There are two later 280SLs on BaT right now and while bidding is still going on, the prices are not really where you would expect them to be.

--- End quote ---
Usually the price they are at more than 20 minutes before the end of the auction on BaT has nothing to do with the value of the car or what they will sell for. All the action happens at the end .... and it can be fun if you are a seller !! Ask me how I know.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version