Author Topic: Feeling fortunate ....  (Read 1666 times)

Por911t4

Feeling fortunate ....
« on: May 17, 2019, 20:16:41 »
Feeling incredibly fortunate to own such a special ‘66 SL230 .... the late Mike Rutledge was an incredibly dedicated and knowledgeable long term W113 owner, known to many on the uk scene . While sifting through the boxes and boxes of incredible history that came with the car I was heartened to read such a lovely obituary to the man himself . Having partly moved over form the Porsche side of things im very lucky to be the custodian of this wonderful car .

Dudlow

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Re: Feeling fortunate ....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 09:33:07 »
I have seen this car several times at meets around the UK. I also knew Mike, and I once lived only a couple of miles from him in Liverpool . Wonderful man.

Mike was very friendly with a fellow Mercedes nut, Mike Bailey (who even officially renamed his house " The Pagodas") and coincidently I now own Mike Bailey's wonderful 250sl.

Enjoy the car, and use it lots.

Dave H

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • United Kingdom, England, Durham
    • Dave H
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 14:07:59 »
Believe i saw this car several years ago at a meet at the world of Wedgewood in Derby.
Beautiful car in a stunning burgundy colour.
I had recently painted mine Beige grey metallic but remember thinking had i seen this colour earlier i would of opted to paint mine the same.
Mercedes 250SL    1967
Mercedes 250SLK  2014
Alfa Romeo 166 3.2 Ti
Fiat 500

Por911t4

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 17:44:19 »
As I never knew Mike it’s great to hook into this close community of fellow enthusiasts who he did cross paths with. I’m a long term Porsche enthusiast (and still am) and I’m enjoying the refreshing ownership experience of Stuttgart's other fine marque . It’s a huge pleasure to own such a fine car and to be able to enjoy such a fine resource as this very website and forum .

Thanks again for your input and comments .